SDCC 2019: Hot Toys & other companies news thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC 2019: What are you hoping to see?

Hot Toys:
1968 Batgirl Yvonne Craig
1966 Catwoman Julie Newmar
Jokers Romero and Phoenix. Tho I think Phoenix will change his Joker look at end of movie.

Executive Replicas Taarna with a face that looks exactly like the movie.

A new line of weird Spiderman vehicles for all the new weird Spiderman figures to ride!
1d56d5c0d697825c4473a83086cc9ced.jpg
53cbcc34d2c371e520a0cf6724ad3f08.jpg

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Yeah. Though I've always said that my own preference would be a Tech Noir for the more unique look, the longer hair and the punk jacket with the studs and chain. Imagine it :monkey2

The perfect T1 1/4 would be the Tech Noir, with an additional "I'll be back" sculpt, sunglasses, leather jacket and grey shirt with no battle damage on the shirt or chest to have the option to display him shirtless with the jacket like on the movie poster. Imagine that.

The perfect T1 1/4 would be the Tech Noir, with an additional "I'll be back" sculpt, sunglasses, leather jacket and grey shirt with no battle damage on the shirt or chest to have the option to display him shirtless with the jacket like on the movie poster. Imagine that.

Yeah, considering they probably wouldn't do 2 different figures that'd be the best way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Alas, just getting less and less likely as time goes on isn't it. I don't think Dark Fate will have any impact as far as getting focus back on Terminator again.

Matrix Agent Smith and Morpheus (this line has a huge potential)
Nolan Ra's Al Ghul (apparently they have Neeson's license as they did Qui-Gonn, so there is no reason they will skip this anymore)
ROTS Mace Windu (one of my favorite prequel characters)
AoTC Padme (displaying her with obi and anakin would be good)

Exclusive Star Wars Hot Toys Ghost trooper. They have the moulds for the Death Trooper, just mould it in white plastic. Voilà - con exclusive.

Nolan Ra's Al Ghul (apparently they have Neeson's license as they did Qui-Gonn, so there is no reason they will skip this anymore)

I see stuff like this all the time. DIFFERENT FILM. DIFFERENT STUDIO. DIFFERENT CONTRACT.

They do not have his likeness for everything. His rights were included for Star Wars, Medicom had to approach him for Batman Begins, Blitzway have to if they are making him from MIB.

Yeah, considering they probably wouldn't do 2 different figures that'd be the best way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Alas, just getting less and less likely as time goes on isn't it. I don't think Dark Fate will have any impact as far as getting focus back on Terminator again.

It doesn't make sense to me that when new Terminator content hits, the single focus is product from the new stuff. Like the recent-ish HT Endo figure. Why not capitalize on the Terminator hype by instead delivering product from one of the more popular original two films? They do it with other popular film franchises. It's been beaten to death in this forum, but the fact that there is nothing close to an up to current HT standards version of Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor, or T-800 Endo is ridiculous.

It doesn't make sense to me that when new Terminator content hits, the single focus is product from the new stuff. Like the recent-ish HT Endo figure. Why not capitalize on the Terminator hype by instead delivering product from one of the more popular original two films? They do it with other popular film franchises. It's been beaten to death in this forum, but the fact that there is nothing close to an up to current HT standards version of Kyle Reese, Sarah Connor, or T-800 Endo is ridiculous.

I'm shocked that NECA is making Dark Fate figures since the Genisys figures seemed to pretty much bomb. Is there some sort of contractual obligation to make figures from the newest film or something? Not entirely sure how it works. I guess we'd be seeing a Hot Toys announcement too if that's the case. Yet Hot Toys has gotten away with not delivering on figures from Prometheus, Alien Covenant and The Predator so they could very well announce Dark Fate figures and never release anything.

But yeah, point is, most of us probably wish they'd instead take the opportunity to revisit the classics.

Eh, the more I think about it, even if Hot Toys made what I wanted, that doesn't necessarily mean they'd be any good.

Just some quick examples.

- Kyle Reese (looking at their recent figures, I doubt they'd pull off a good likeness to Michael Beihn. Most of their sculpts look so generic now, from Mark Hamil to Chris Evans)

- Returns Catwoman (constant reports of pleather, rubber and plastic rot on Red Skull, Hathaway Catwoman, Terminator jackets, etc. wouldn't bode well for a character in skin tight vinyl, not to mention she'd be a statue)

- Endoskleton (see goofy 1/4 figure and Genisys 1/6 Endos to see what a modern 84'/91' Endo in their hands would look like)

- Returns Penguin (they'll spend tooling on unique bodies for 3 differently scaled Thanos bodies and Justice League characters but would no doubt goof on Oswald Cobblepot. At the rate they're going, he'd probably be as tall as Batman)

Batman Forever or a new Bespin Luke or a new Arnold Terminator could be fun I guess, but they've already done so many Batman, Luke Skywalker and T-800 figures, each one being more boring than the last.

Hot Toys just doesn't impress me as much as they used to. I have their facebook and site open right now, going through their log of recent releases and they just don't appeal to me anymore. They pretty much stopped being innovative the second the DX line died.
I agree here, and know some folks just want the stock figure with no mods. But you can mitigate some of this by customizing pieces. The hardest piece of all for a lot of customs is the outfits, which HT does pretty well (of course, that creates problems if you have a Penguin who has the wrong sized body). Kyle Reese, a dream figure for me, is something I would happily spend $200 upgrading with a nice, custom painted sculpt if need-be. But of course, no one expects we'll ever get a HT Kyle Reese anyway. Ledger Joker V55.3, Iron Man variant #750, yes.

Well..I now want to see if Star Ace will bring more Kill Bill stuff. They just announced the Bride and partially teased Go Go. I'd be very happy with those 2 and O-Ren and maybe Bill himself.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Well..I now want to see if Star Ace will bring more Kill Bill stuff. They just announced the Bride and partially teased Go Go. I'd be very happy with those 2 and O-Ren and maybe Bill himself.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Wait what?

I just saw it on Toyark. How is Star Ace's record from Proto to Production? I see their paint apps aren't up to HT quality, but these are a very interesting development nonetheless...

Wait what?

I just saw it on Toyark. How is Star Ace's record from Proto to Production? I see their paint apps aren't up to HT quality, but these are a very interesting development nonetheless...

Not great in the past couple of years so i'm apprehensive about this but the Bride is a grail for me so I may get her anyway and hope she doesn't suck lol. It looks way better than their Pulp Fiction figures so I'll try to get her.

:toilet_cl

Does it reply to your question?

How unfortunate.

Not great in the past couple of years so i'm apprehensive about this but the Bride is a grail for me so I may get her anyway and hope she doesn't suck lol. It looks way better than their Pulp Fiction figures so I'll try to get her.

That's a shame -- I can't be motivated to buy if the quality isn't there. Still, it'll be interesting to see the finished product.

Hot Toys: Geonosis Padme, Jasmine, Pfeiffer's Catwoman, Okoye, fat Thor, Mysterio, Spiderman black suit, Rocket, Shazam, Killmonger tactical suit.

Blitzway: That Audrey Hepburn as Princess Ann statue Blitzway showed last year but as a Sixth Scale Figure, Bill & Ted.

Threezero: S7 Daenerys with the white coat, S7 Arya.

QMX: Sam Winchester, Castiel

Hot Toys Star Wars: Lando (Bespin), jabba palace aliens, Wampa, Max Rebo Band, RotJ Admiral Ackbar, Battle Droids, Super Battle Droids, Ahsoka, and Grand Admiral Thrawn

Hot Toys Marvel: Mysterio, Ronan the Accuser, Spider-Man 2099, Korg & Miek, and symbiotic Spider-Man.

Blitzway: Bill, Ted, Rufus, and phone booth set.

Hoping we see a hot toys Avengers EndGame Iron Patriot 2.0.....

Bill S. Preston Esquire is my most wanted
Love to see blitzway do Marla and Ed Norton from fight club
More blitzway movie statues!
Hot toys updated Edward scissorhands
Prime 1 evil dead 2 with the deadite ash headsculpt
Anything fresh and new none of that Star Wars or marvel crap anything from 80’s movies would be awesome

Back