SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read they skipped SDCC in 2011 and did a big presentation at New York Comic Con instead so it's not like they haven't done it before. I couldn't get tickets for Saturday anyway so no big whoop for me.

Its a bummer Marvel may not show up at SDCC, it has become a part of our SDCC experience...Granted last year was kind of so-so, since they where waiting to see how Guardians fared. Im still keeping fingers crossed.

I'm sure James Gunn is in the know regarding Marvel Studio's plans, and he doesn't play games with the fans. So when he says they won't be there, I believe him. For us SDCC is all about Hall H, last year I waited in line 16 hours for Saturday Hall H.

Whether Marvel is there or not, we will be. But Marvel is the highlight of our experience, so I was pretty disappointed to hear the news. However, we do plan on attending D23 as well so if they're moving it there, we won't miss it.

The real bummer is that if they're not coming to Hall H, then the stars of the next movies (Dr. Strange and Civil War) aren't coming either. Which means no autograph signings at the Marvel booth. That bums me out more than losing the HH panel.

I've skipped Hall H the last couple years, and haven't thought twice about it. So much more one can do/see with that time. I'm also not a huge Marvel fan, though, admittedly, so this isn't a deal breaker for me in any way...

We go to SDCC, Wondercon, Comikaze and two conventions at Long Beach every year. So to us Hall H is something you can't do anywhere else. All of the stuff that's on the exhibit floor we feel we can do at other conventions. We still spend a lot of time on the floor, but no other convention has what HH does. But I can certainly see why people would be turned off. It's gotten ridiculously hard to get into over the last several years.

I was talking more about other panels, not just the floor. There are some real gems to be found in some of the smaller meeting rooms that not a lot of people know about.

Oh, and if you are into star gawking at all, check out the bar at the Hilton Bayfront next to Hall H. Even better, sit next to a group of stars' PA's and hear all the dirt on their bosses :lol

Yes most definitely keep your head on a swivel when walking about SDCC. It's a matter of when, not if, you'll run into famous people. I've seen Stan Lee and Kevin Smith walk right through the exhibit hall floor, practically unnoticed.

I ran into Jason Mewes like that. Too bad about Marvel, still plan on the Hall H stuff. I am hopeful there will be a Star Wars Haall H event but i am worried there won't be.

Yeah since they already pulled Marvel it wouldn't surprise me at all that there is no Star Wars panel in Hall H either. Especially with SW Celebration coming up as well as D23.

If you have a SDCC badge, you should be getting an email today about hotel registration which happens Tuesday morning at 9am PST.

Good luck! They don't call it "Hotelpocalypse" for nothing.

Safe to assume The Flash will grace the program cover and t-shirt this year, seeing as it's his 75 year anniversary?

If you have a SDCC badge, you should be getting an email today about hotel registration which happens Tuesday morning at 9am PST.

Good luck! They don't call it "Hotelpocalypse" for nothing.

First time going but I'm not even going to bother looking at hotels now. Just gonna book mine last minute. I hear it's near impossible to find something but I'm gonna take my chances anyway.

I'll let you guys know how much of a mistake that was in a few weeks.:lol

Dang, some of the SDCC attendance streaks are insane, that must be very cool to do! I really want to go next year but was always oblivious at how the process to get tickets were, never really looked into it. From the way it is described it sounds like a mess and gotta have some luck.

Anyways, congrats on the people who get to go, enjoy!

Don't wait until the last minute to get a hotel reservation. You could end up out in the sticks at a seedy motel and still be paying outrageous prices.

See you all at the Con...but not Hall H...I hate Hall H.

First time going but I'm not even going to bother looking at hotels now. Just gonna book mine last minute. I hear it's near impossible to find something but I'm gonna take my chances anyway.

I'll let you guys know how much of a mistake that was in a few weeks.:lol

Hope you're ok with staying at the border of California and Mexico then (which is about a 25/30 min drive from the convention). I speak from experience from many years ago of trying to find hotel accommodations (and this was way back in 2003/2004, so I can't imagine how much more difficult it is now for those that wait till the last minute).

Well that didn't go as planned. Was hitting refresh from 8:57 this morning, right at 9:00 the page loaded. Thanks to Google Chrome auto-fill all of my information was filled in with two clicks. But when I got to the hotel selection dropdown menu, I clicked on my first choice and it highlighted. Then I clicked on #2 and #1 became un-highlighted. So then I figured, ok I'm supposed to hold down CTRL and make my choices. That worked, six hotels selected. Cruized through the rest of the form and done in one minute, request submitted.

Then 15 minutes later come to find out that my page didn't fully load. When you click on a hotel, that hotel name should show up below the dropdown menu, then select #2 and so on.

So basically I submitted a request with no hotels selected. Yay.

We live in San Diego, about 30 minutes from the CC so we were just trying to get a downtown hotel so we could fully immerse ourselves in the experience this year. Looks like that won't be happening, LOL.

I also know someone who missed the check in/check out dates and submitted his request. Pretty funny that you can submit hotel requests without selecting dates or a hotel.

We live in San Diego, about 30 minutes from the CC so we were just trying to get a downtown hotel so we could fully immerse ourselves in the experience this year. Looks like that won't be happening, LOL.

Honestly the trolley ride from Hazard Center is pretty immersive during SDCC :) I just park there.

I'd be downtown from Tuesday morning until the following Monday morning if I could. I just love the craziness.

To update my last post, Travel Planner called me back later today to tell me that I would be receiving an email tonight (which I did). The email allowed me to choose my 6 hotels and I will be put in line based on my original time stamp from this morning. Fingers crossed for Hilton Bayfront.

So badges for 2015 are sold out. Each badge is unique to you... correct? So no scalping.....

But this my bucket list events site has a bunch of travel package options available for purchase. Is this a scam? They say badges will be handed to you the day of the event, it just seems very odd.....

Is this place legit? Anyone used them before?

Back