SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tickets go on sale this Saturday 2/21! Good luck everyone.

We already have Thurs/Sun from the prereg sale. Definitely need Fri/Sat and really want Preview Night as well.

Quick question to anyone who might know. I just made a Member ID for my wife but on the webpage it says new Members after Feb 13th won't be eligible to purchase tickets from the Online registration. Well here's my question can I still purchase tickets for her when I use my Member ID. I had mine registered before the 13th.

If her member id isn't verified then no. You can only buy tickets for valid member id's. I ran into the same issue last year because my wife didn't open the email and do the verification. Not that it mattered since, yet again, I was unable to get any tickets. Hopefully this year will be the year. I would just like to go one time in my life :lol

If her member id isn't verified then no. You can only buy tickets for valid member id's. I ran into the same issue last year because my wife didn't open the email and do the verification. Not that it mattered since, yet again, I was unable to get any tickets. Hopefully this year will be the year. I would just like to go one time in my life :lol
Lol I hear you. I want to atleast go once in my life time. Both our Member ID are verified.

In case you don't know, you can buy up to three badges at once. Also you can only log in a user ID on one computer. So you can't log one ID in on multiple computers.

Some people get into groups to help eachother. In our case, there are two of us and we both have IDs. So on Saturday morning we will log one of us into one computer and the other on another computer. We also have a friend who is going alone and only needs one badge. So if any of the three computers get through, all three of us can get badges.

Make sure you're on a good connection, not at a Starbucks or something where you could possibly lose wifi. Once the flood gates open at 9am PST, you'll be put in line. Lose your connection, go to the end of the line which 100% means you won't get anything.

From what the registration email says, the room will open at 8:00am PST (it was 7am last year). You can log in any time between 8-9am. If you're not in when it opens at 9:00, forget it.

At 9:00am PST they'll shuffle everyone and put them in line. You won't know your place in line. Everyone will be shuffled in groups to purchase badges. The screen that you see while you are waiting will update with a message about once a minute to let you know that you are still active. The order that badges sell out is: Wed - Sat - Fri - Thurs - Sun. The screen will update as the days sell out, if you don't get in first.

Once you are in, whatever is available will show up. Just pick what you want and purchase.

This is our 7th year going, if anyone has questions feel free to ask. :)

I am not 100% sure on that, but it would be hard to imagine that they can't. But again, the key is to be on a very secure connection that isn't going to get lost. If you lose the connection or hit refresh, close your browser, etc. you're toast.

From the SDCC website:

The EPIC online badge registration system is not formatted for iPad or mobile devices. Although mobile devices have been tested and can be used to purchase a badge during preregistration, Comic-Con is unable to assure that the registration system will behave as expected using a mobile device. - See more at: Open Online Registration: Let's Get Technical | Comic-Con International: San Diego

In case you don't know, you can buy up to three badges at once. Also you can only log in a user ID on one computer. So you can't log one ID in on multiple computers.

Some people get into groups to help eachother. In our case, there are two of us and we both have IDs. So on Saturday morning we will log one of us into one computer and the other on another computer. We also have a friend who is going alone and only needs one badge. So if any of the three computers get through, all three of us can get badges.

Make sure you're on a good connection, not at a Starbucks or something where you could possibly lose wifi. Once the flood gates open at 9am PST, you'll be put in line. Lose your connection, go to the end of the line which 100% means you won't get anything.

From what the registration email says, the room will open at 8:00am PST (it was 7am last year). You can log in any time between 8-9am. If you're not in when it opens at 9:00, forget it.

At 9:00am PST they'll shuffle everyone and put them in line. You won't know your place in line. Everyone will be shuffled in groups to purchase badges. The screen that you see while you are waiting will update with a message about once a minute to let you know that you are still active. The order that badges sell out is: Wed - Sat - Fri - Thurs - Sun. The screen will update as the days sell out, if you don't get in first.

Once you are in, whatever is available will show up. Just pick what you want and purchase.

This is our 7th year going, if anyone has questions feel free to ask. :)

Once you are in and can pick days, do you need to frantically pick them and pay or else you might get a sorry message? or they only let you in when there are tickets available? thanks!

Well they say that once you're in you are good, but during the preregistration a couple of months ago, when I got in with my 2nd computer to buy for a friend, it said that Thurs/Sun was still available. But when I went to buy them, it said SOLD OUT.

Don't mess around.

My guess is they are recommending not to use a phone because if your signal drops, you're done. Maybe they had a number of complaints from people because that happened to them.

So if I missed the EPIC Waiting Room thing, can I still get badges at some point or am I just kidding myself. Haven't been to SDCC in 8 years and getting badges sure has changed a lot...

I got Thursday, Friday, and Sunday! I had my registration on my computer and my wife's on my iPad as back-up and she freaking got in. I've never been able to get through before and my wife got in on her first attempt. Thank god I had made her get a member id. This'll be my first year at SDCC! Got the flight and hotel so now the waiting game begins.

Congrats Zod! I'm so jealous. I was able to get sunday but I declined at the last minute. was hoping to get more days but I hope I have better luck next year.

I got Thursday, Friday, and Sunday! I had my registration on my computer and my wife's on my iPad as back-up and she freaking got in. I've never been able to get through before and my wife got in on her first attempt. Thank god I had made her get a member id. This'll be my first year at SDCC! Got the flight and hotel so now the waiting game begins.

DUDE! Exact same thing happened to me! I had to work this morning so I left my SO in charge of the tickets in the computer. I got her all the information she would need and taught her the ordering process. I went to work and tried to order from my phone but got nothing, like always. Her, on the other hand, got tickets for Thursday and Sunday! I tried it for 3 years and nothing, she got it on her first try! Here's to our women, buddy!

:hi5:

I'm so excited! I look forward to seeing the new SS and HT products in person. It's a damn shame that I couldn't get a Saturday pass. I was hoping to be able to get in one of the panels for the upcoming superhero movies.

DUDE! Exact same thing happened to me! I had to work this morning so I left my SO in charge of the tickets in the computer. I got her all the information she would need and taught her the ordering process. I went to work and tried to order from my phone but got nothing, like always. Her, on the other hand, got tickets for Thursday and Sunday! I tried it for 3 years and nothing, she got it on her first try! Here's to our women, buddy!

:hi5:

I'm so excited! I look forward to seeing the new SS and HT products in person. It's a damn shame that I couldn't get a Saturday pass. I was hoping to be able to get in one of the panels for the upcoming superhero movies.

That's awesome--congrats! I was disappointed about not getting Saturday but I can't really complain. I figured this was just going to be yet another year I wouldn't be able to get tickets so I'm going to make the most of the time I'll have there.

Back