SDCC 2015

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Zod! I'm so jealous. I was able to get sunday but I declined at the last minute. was hoping to get more days but I hope I have better luck next year.

That sucks. :( I was incredibly lucky I made my wife get an ID and that she got in. If I would have just had mine it would have been like every other disappointing year I've tried to get tickets and failed. I'm glad we got 3 days cuz I needed to get a few days to make it worthwhile--hotel, tickets, and taking off work is going to be a big hit to the pocketbook.

Congrats. I know it's a drag not getting Saturday but at least you got something, I know several vets who didn't get any day, plus you'll be eligible for the badge presale next year.

Congrats. I know it's a drag not getting Saturday but at least you got something, I know several vets who didn't get any day, plus you'll be eligible for the badge presale next year.

Thanks! Yeah Saturday would have been nice mainly just for the panels but I'm probably going to be exhausted and have sensory overload from Thursday and Friday so a day of rest will be welcome. My mind is young but my body is old and decrepit.

Congrats for getting in guys! I already had Thurs/Sun from the preregistration. Let me know if you have any questions. I live in San Diego and have gone for the last 7 years.

To the person who asked, today was the last badge sale for 2015 SDCC. If you don't have badges now, you're done. They used to have one last sale where they resold badges that were returned, but last year they didn't and so far they are saying that they won't do it this year either. Not enough people returning these days, because they are so in demand.

And don't forget, the Sidehshow party is typically Friday night. You're coming all the way to San Diego, you might as well attend!

This year would have been my 3rd year in a row. Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any tickets. It just gets harder and harder every year to acquire tickets even with pre-registration.

I will be happy even if this is my only opportunity to go. At least I can say I got to experience it once. I literally feel like I hit the lottery. It may not be as big of a deal to some people that have been able to go for several years but this is a dream come true for me. That being said, I'm going to keep trying every year like I have been :lol

You couldn't have picked a better time. This is really a golden age for pop culture, blockbuster films and of course the comic stuff afoot. The show has been at it's apex the last few years.
Maintain that fun attitude, even when in the biggest crowd, and talk to the people around you in line. You'll have a blast. :rock

I missed out on the first SDCC sales back in November, and the second time as well, however, my friend got me Thursday - Sunday (I passed on Preview Night) so my streak continues 13 years straight...Sad thing is I couldn't score a pass for the wife (my daughter is bummed)...

BTW, congrats to you Zod. I hope you have a wonderful experience and many more to come.

Is it me, or is this years sdcc thread(s) a lot smaller than last year?

Just a word of warning if you are attending SDCC for the first time. I made this mistake last year.

I was assuming that the tickets to the SSF Sideshow party would be brought up in the main SDCC thread (which is this thread for 2015). But instead there was a separate thread posted in the "Announcements" board (which I never look at) just for party tickets.

If you're thinking of going, they do sell out rather quickly (not as fast as SDCC badges, but don't hesitate once you see them go up).

Just a word of warning if you are attending SDCC for the first time. I made this mistake last year.

I was assuming that the tickets to the SSF Sideshow party would be brought up in the main SDCC thread (which is this thread for 2015). But instead there was a separate thread posted in the "Announcements" board (which I never look at) just for party tickets.

If you're thinking of going, they do sell out rather quickly (not as fast as SDCC badges, but don't hesitate once you see them go up).

Got my badge and my guest badge. Can't wait for preview night!

Man, I can't believe going for 24 years. The stories I'll bet you can tell. I wouldn't say the show itself has changed a ton in the last 7 years I've been going. It's definitely grown a lot outside the CC, and the ramp up in badge sales / sell outs in that short time is insane.

First year we went, in 2009, we only went on Sunday. Got there Sunday morning, picked up our badges, walked 20' to another booth...bought badges for 2010.

Nuts.

Interesting. All sorts of theories flying around the interwebz as to why. If this makes the Hall H line even slightly shorter, I'm OK with it :D

Marvel Studios not attending SDCC seems to make a whole lot of sense for everyone, except for those who already have a badge and are 110% sure they'll be camping outside Hall H. The con is just too damn crowded and last year's Marvel and DC film announcements at SDCC were pretty lackluster IMO. Marvel clearly can generate PR buzz anywhere, their Phase 3 announcement at El Capitan proves just that. Not entirely sure they'll relocate to D23 for the long haul, Anaheim CC doesn't have anything nearly as large as a Hall H. I know at the last D23 2 years ago, Marvel replayed the SDCC footage there as part of the Disney Studio presentation, so we should probably expect them to have some sort of presence there this year as well.

Back