SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So my wife might not be able to attend all of the days. It's my first year going. Is it possible to give the badge to a buddy or do they actually check upon entry?

So my wife might not be able to attend all of the days. It's my first year going. Is it possible to give the badge to a buddy or do they actually check upon entry?

Badges will get checked from time to time. I knew a couple people in which it occurred and their badges were taken away (since they were not the official badge holder) but could be retrieved back again by the actual owner of the badge with photo ID. This also typically seems to happen to people that use a badge with a name that doesn't seem to fit well with the person wearing it (ie: bearded dude walking around with a badge that has the name Jennifer Smith). Now, I'm not saying that a bearded gentlemen can't have the name Jennifer Smith but it will cause the security at the show to more than likely 'pull them over' and request their photo ID to verify.

-SideshowAlex

personally, i wouldn't worry about it.

Well first of all, you can't even get your badge without the person on the badge being present with ID. I'm going with my Wife and Son, and I can't go and pick up her badge, she has to physically be there.

So where are people buying tickets to the freaks party?? I haven't seen the information posted anywhere??

GAH, just found the thread and ticket sales were just closed. Well at least now I can relax in the Hall H line and not worry about running back and forth to the party. Would have been nice if someone could have shared the link to the ticket sales thread in this thread.

Badges will get checked from time to time. I knew a couple people in which it occurred and their badges were taken away (since they were not the official badge holder) but could be retrieved back again by the actual owner of the badge with photo ID. This also typically seems to happen to people that use a badge with a name that doesn't seem to fit well with the person wearing it (ie: bearded dude walking around with a badge that has the name Jennifer Smith). Now, I'm not saying that a bearded gentlemen can't have the name Jennifer Smith but it will cause the security at the show to more than likely 'pull them over' and request their photo ID to verify.

-SideshowAlex

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :goodpost:

GAH, just found the thread and ticket sales were just closed. Well at least now I can relax in the Hall H line and not worry about running back and forth to the party. Would have been nice if someone could have shared the link to the ticket sales thread in this thread.

It was on the front page of the site for 4 days.

I never, ever use the front page of this site. Ever. Can't believe no one posted it here, LOL. It was posted here a week or so ago that there was going to be a Sideshow party again. Guess I just assumed that meant that details would also be posted here. Oh well no biggie. Probably shouldn't spend $20 just to spend an hour there anyway.

FYI, I am helping Sideshow with some giveaways ONLY for people who are actually attending SDCC. If you are, and you'd like to be added to the group of people eligible to win prizes, friend me on FB and I'll add you. My FB is www.facebook.com/cofphoto

Sorry, but I can't add you to the group unless we are friends.

Good luck!

Friendship request sent...(my name is Miguel)

Last edited:
Damn, I really wanted to go the comic con this year. Still can't believe I didn't get tickets. I was wondering, somebody said a while ago that a few weeks before the Con they list badges that were returned/refunded. Has that happened already... will it happen?

Please check your PMs. :wink1:

Anybody interested in a 4-day pass to the Con? This is a legit registration (just ask Kuzeh how his wife got a pass last year).

I bought an extra ticket accidentally. It's up for grabs if you missed out.

Hi
Sent you a friends request on fb.
my name is George Pina
five more day's

FYI, I am helping Sideshow with some giveaways ONLY for people who are actually attending SDCC. If you are, and you'd like to be added to the group of people eligible to win prizes, friend me on FB and I'll add you. My FB is www.facebook.com/cofphoto

Sorry, but I can't add you to the group unless we are friends.

Good luck!

does anyone know if there will be televised coverage this year of the con, g4 used to cover it all three days but they are no longer on the air, is there another station that is taking over.

I thought my post would have garnered more attention. Only 1 PM.

:dunno

I would have taken you up on it awhile back but late notice means crazy-high airfare and the impossibility of finding somewhere to stay. Good luck finding someone who can use it though.

Thanks mack for the offer! Thats very kind. Wish I were close, it would have been nice.

Back