SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody trying to get tickets today?

EDIT: Wohoooo!! Got 4 day pass with preview night!! :rock!!

Congrats! How did you manage to get a 4 days w/ prev night? What number did you get when you got in the waiting room?

I got on the site at exactly 8. It was loading really slow and by the time I got in the waiting room, I was #4415. 20 mins later, sold out :(

Anyone has an extra badge? PM me.

How easy is it to find tickets to SDCC at the show itself? I need tickets for thursday/Friday and hoping to just show up and try to get a pair from someone in San Diego

How easy is it to find tickets to SDCC at the show itself? I need tickets for thursday/Friday and hoping to just show up and try to get a pair from someone in San Diego

Not at all really. Don't plan on being able to get them, you'll be disapointed and out a lot of money.

I still didn't get mine on Tuesday. This new process really pissed me off. They really needed to have a "save my place in line" option when these sold out originally. I was 2,448th in line at that point. Had that spot been saved, I might have been able to snag them on Tuesday. But instead, someone who might not have even tried on the first day could have gotten pases I and still missed out. Stupid, stupid SDCC email link! That thing totally screwed me over! Had I just gone straight to their site, I think I would have gotten in :banghead

It's amazing to me just how many people don't get it when it comes to tickets for SDCC this year...

YOU CANNOT buy tickets from ANYONE at this point. You are SOL. You needed to be preregistered prior to the morning of buying tickets in the first place, and even then you could only buy tickets under said registered name.

Put simply, it's not even possible to scalp tickets to this event. Your name/credentials would have to match to the sold ticket.

To be honest, you could still sell your legit ticket outside to a stranger if you no longer want to go inside. There was no shortage of people asking around last year.

I think people offering to buy others passes on-site for the next year at a profit really ticked the CCI people off and began the member id necessity.

well, got my Hotel notice, Unfortunately, Got this, at the time your request was processed, there was no more inventory that met your selected criteria. thought I got my request in early enough, Guess I didn't :(

Got SD Marriott Marina, right next door...first time Ive ever been that close.

that's where i stayed last year and it was a blast...cool part was all of the clelebs rolling in and out of there

and that view! what a great place to stay...

2011-07-20162450.jpg

2011-07-20163951.jpg

I really want to go here

but why make it so complicated?
buy a pass? be a member? and even after we have a pass, we still have to queue to buy the ticket again?
I'm sorry, maybe it's just me that felt this is complicated

Staying at the Marriott Marina and Marquis again!

It really is not complicated, just need to take 10 minutes to read the instructions.

Back