SDCC 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Less than $14 to park at the convention center or next door at the Hilton is a steal. I have done this the last two years and just placed my order for this year. It's really a great deal considering farther lots (PETCO, etc.) are $25-30.

...or you could take the trolley for a couple bucks at park your car at a public lot for free

I would rather have a place to stash my exclusives haul in the morning and then quickly return to the show without all the excess baggage.

@Zodach
That's a nice thinking bud

Actually, it's incredibly useful to have storage on site. You don't have to carry books around all day, just time for whatever signings you want to get. And it's a quiet place to eat and take a break. Security is really good too.

I love parking in the convention center garage, but it sold out too fast for me and I have to park at the hotel this year. No biggie, when I showed up at their garage last year for preview night in my big assed truck they gave me a spot right up front.:yess:

After getting the run around from some friends that are/were planning to go, I finally got my hotel and airfare set, including free frequent flyer 1st class tix. woot! Is it time to get in a ridiculously long line yet?

@exodus
what do u mean by storage on site?

I just mean by being able to use my truck to store things when I don't need them. Like drop things off that I've bought or grab items that I need to get signed. I drive to SD and stay far away from the con so it's really convenient to park so close and have quick access. Especially for fragile items and artwork that I don't want to get bumped around on the show floor.

Nope you need to get a member I'd and try to get a pass if they happen to out any cancelations up again. It will at least help you for next year.

I was surprised when you posted that you were flying out this year, Scott. I assume you're staying at the Gas Lamp so you don't need a car. I did that last year and it was GREAT but unfortunately, I'm not doing that this year.

Yeah, it would be nice if Ace offered over-night parking but at least they won't cite/tow you if you stay 'til 2 a.m. -- at least that has been my experience.

You can always opt to pay for overnight parking at a hotel as a non-guest but that'll cost you $32 or so a day.

Just like exodus, I too use my car to take breaks from the hustle 'n bustle of the Convention Center. At my age, I need to get a second wind (more like a beer or two) before I fight off the crowds in the Exhibition Hall.

What's BS is that you can't park overnight. Which is so stupid if you buy 4 days worth of parking passes, which I almost did till I read the fine print.

So now I'm flying out instead of driving.

I was surprised when you posted that you were flying out this year, Scott. I assume you're staying at the Gas Lamp so you don't need a car. I did that last year and it was GREAT but unfortunately, I'm not doing that this year.

Yeah, it would be nice if Ace offered over-night parking but at least they won't cite/tow you if you stay 'til 2 a.m. -- at least that has been my experience.

You can always opt to pay for overnight parking at a hotel as a non-guest but that'll cost you $32 or so a day.

Just like exodus, I too use my car to take breaks from the hustle 'n bustle of the Convention Center. At my age, I need to get a second wind (more like a beer or two) before I fight off the crowds in the Exhibition Hall.

Yup, flying this year, first time. I really like the drive from Phoenix, but after I figure in $4+/gallon, a not necessarily fuel efficient truck using around 2 tanks of gas at $75 a tank, and $70+ in parking fees, it was cheaper to just get a $200 flight, which I used credit card reward points to purchase, so cost me nothing.

Sam and co. was nice enough to invite me to stay with them, so this will be a completely different con experience as I wont have to take the train back and forth to a distant hotel.

I think this will make it four years in a row.

gotta feel bad for those that get an autograph table and no one cares to see them. strange thing is that they're fairly close to the entrance too.

It's like seeing a homeless person looking for a handout on the side of the freeway. Whatever you do, don't make eye contact.

Yup, flying this year, first time. I really like the drive from Phoenix, but after I figure in $4+/gallon, a not necessarily fuel efficient truck using around 2 tanks of gas at $75 a tank, and $70+ in parking fees, it was cheaper to just get a $200 flight, which I used credit card reward points to purchase, so cost me nothing.

Sam and co. was nice enough to invite me to stay with them, so this will be a completely different con experience as I wont have to take the train back and forth to a distant hotel.

I think this will make it four years in a row.

Yeah, flying in and having a nice close place to stay names everything easier. Had made the 7 previous cons easy to deal with.

Interesting but no interest in any of the Matty stuff this year. I need to get started putting together my SDCC thread as usual.

Back