SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SDCC is not going to happen for Travis and I this year :( I can't even believe it. I'm so sad :monkey2 Have a drink for me (or 2 or 3 ;)) and we'll see you again someday, I'm sure of it!! I'll toast the Freaks on the night of the party :duff

vader.jpg

But completely understandable.

See you at the next one...:1-1:

As a collector especially Sideshow this is my favorite time of the year with all the new stuff being unveiled. Unfortunately this year I'll have to skip SDCC because of work but next year I'll definitely make it. Will just have to stay close to the computer to see all the cool collectibles and pictures of all the hot looking cosplayers.

Everything's great! We just moved to Portland and bought a 105 year old house, which we are closing on on July 7th, so we have to get repairs done and stuff - just no time or money to make it down to SD, but we have plans for upcoming years! I'll watch for "Buttmunch" video :lol :duff

Oh, Ok. Glad there wasn't any family emergencies or health issues or something. Does Travis still work for Sideshow then, or did you wrestle him away too with the move? :lol

Portland.. Cool.... up near our neck of the woods. Get ready to be isolated from pretty much everything.

That's kind of why we picked it - ha! Grass is always greener, I guess :lol So far we LOVE it. When there are not so many "easy entertainment" options, it forces one to be more creative with one's time. We're getting TONS of things done that we've been putting off for far too long.

Buttmunch said:
Oh, Ok. Glad there wasn't any family emergencies or health issues or something. Does Travis still work for Sideshow then, or did you wrestle him away too with the move?

Still to be decided. No longer on payroll, but freelancing for the 'Show via his own creative company is likely. Still setting it up, but here's the webpage - https://www.imphouse.com

Here's a great interview with a fellow Freak :) - from last year's Comic-Con - https://www.imphouse.com/?p=46

That's kind of why we picked it - ha! Grass is always greener, I guess :lol So far we LOVE it. When there are not so many "easy entertainment" options, it forces one to be more creative with one's time.

Ground Control- Retro Arcade in downtown Portland. After 7pm, the alocohol license kicks in

Fire on the Mountain- best 14 flavors of hot wings on the planet. Makes Buffalo Wild wings look like a quickie mart

Saturday Market - downtown Portland. Lots of hand crafted things

Voodoo Doughnuts- Youtube it

The entry fee covers dinner and an open bar. Of course there's an exclusive t-shirt (limited edition), and there will also be a surprise you will be kicking yourself for missing.

The entry fee covers dinner and an open bar. Of course there's an exclusive t-shirt (limited edition), and there will also be a surprise you will be kicking yourself for missing.

interested to know what the surprise will be, but don't think i can leave the gf high and dry :dunno

interested to know what the surprise will be, but don't think i can leave the gf high and dry :dunno

Me, either. This is her first con, she's coming all the way from Florida, and she won't know anyone else there to hang out with. Can't do that to her.

I sent my RSVP as well. Hope it's a great time like last year if I get to go. It's a shame it had to change so much.

Me, either. This is her first con, she's coming all the way from Florida, and she won't know anyone else there to hang out with. Can't do that to her.

You could send the Freak widows on to the after party...or set them down in the anime room. Chicks dig anime, right?

Back