Scariest horror movie scenes.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zelda in Pet Cemetery!!!

I'll be 30 this year and I still cant/wont sit through the Zelda scenes. I love the movie, probably my fav King movie next to the Shining, but I have to leave the room or fast forward through Zelda :lol

Seriously disturding.

I can still hear her voice in my head right now....'Rachel'.........:sick

The scene in Child's Play when the mother picks up the box Chucky came in and the batteries fall out and she realizes he's been moving and talking without them for days and then she picks Chucky up and his head spins around and says "Hi I'm Chuckey wanna play?" While this scene didn't scare me per se, I did find it really unsetteling as a kid,

All from my childhood - films just don't scare me anymore.

Jaws - I still find the scene where Quint / Robert Shaw is getting munched quite hard to bare. Also, in Jaws II when the chopper, which I thought would be 100% safe, gets pulled under and effs up the kids boats even more!

Poltergeist - when the guys face falls apart while he's looking in the mirror. Watched that with my mum n dad - my mum laughed all the way thru that scene which made it even worse! I didn't get what was funny! Can laugh now tho.

The Thing - John Carpenter's version. I had to stop watching when the dogs get attacked in their pen. I love dogs and when I was younger I just found that scene thoroughly disgusting. Took me years to go back n watch it and still have trouble watching that scene. One of my all time fav films now and I know I said films just don't scare me anymore but I'm always on the edge of my seat watching this one.

Anyone seen the Japanese version of One Missed Call???

SO SCARY...especially the girl behind the wall...

Awesome input thus far from everyone! Here are some of my favorites-

Exorcist III - The jump-scare scene with the nurse and the killer.
Black Christmas - The eye behind the door.
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - The first reveal of Leatherface, clubbing the kid like cattle.
Blair Witch Project - The entire final scene when Heather finds the house.
Halloween - Michael Myers walking briskly across the street toward Laurie, who can't get into her house.
The Thing - The blood test scene.
Twin Peaks (TV) - The shot of Bob crouching beside the bed.

Strangely enough, the newer movies simply don't scare or disturb me anymore. That's probably the result of almost 40 years of desensitization. But there are some scenes from older, 1970s Italian horror movies that made me somewhat queasy:

1) City of the Living Dead: The scene where the girl and her boyfriend are in his pickup truck, and the evil dude blocks their path. She's staring at him, and slowly blood starts coming out of her tear ducts. It starts pouring faster and faster, until she starts throwing up all of her internal organs in one continuous stream. The effects were particularly effective for such an older movie.

2) The Beyond: There's a scene where a guy falls off a ladder and is lying on the ground, pretty much paralyzed. A bunch of tarantulas come out of the woodwork, crawl over to him and slowly start eating his face, starting with one that enters his mouth and begins eating its way outward. The effects are beyond laughable but there's just something about the music in that scene that bothers me to this day.

The only modern movie that gave me any kind of chills is Event Horizon. When you finally see what's on the grainy video and how it ties in with the audio recordings you'd been hearing bits of throughout the movie, it's pretty freakin' nasty.

:lecture

The single most frightening thing I ever saw as a child!!! Scared me for life.

Had a clown nearly identical to the one in the film, had to get rid of it immediately!

They are remaking this movie and it comes out in 2010!! Hopefully they will add all the current creepy stuff to the already childhood scarring tricks this movie already has in it.

Exorcist - The last act when Regan is in full-on demon mode. The makeup FX are thoroughly creepy!

Exorcist III - The aforementioned jump-scare scene where there's the long shot of the hallway, the nurse walks back to the station, and the shrouded killer fast-walks up behind her with the blades

Exorcist III - The scene with the possessed old woman after Kinderman

Pet Semetary - Zelda. Nuff said.

Pet Semetary - Victor Pascow. Truly 'nuff said. Just thinking about him gives me the creeps!

Jaws - Severed head popping out at Hooper.

Nightmare on Elm Street - Nancy turns around to see the hall monitor wearing the glove and speaking in Freddy's voice.

That's about all I can think of right now.

Back