Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heres my POTA collection. The boxes look nice up top too.

image.jpg

Incredible photos! The lighting is so good. Ursus seems to be my favorite figure. What's yours?

Thanks Angel. I love Ursus, and my kit bashed General Urko

IMG_6883_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

Also, I took PZ's advice and painted my officers tunics with silver paint. The stripes look white in the light so I can understand the confusion with the colors.

IMG_6891_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

Here is another General I did, was wondering what he would look like with gold. Eh
IMG_6889_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

Having some fun today.
IMG_6988_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6968_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6963_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6960_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6947_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6923_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

IMG_6900_Stickman_Neca_Apes.jpg

Last edited:
I need to bump this thread for the amazing photos I haven't seen. :clap So sad there isn't a lot of Ape stuff out there at the moment and with the Neca line dead just breaks my heart. I started watching the films recently again with my girlfriend and she loves them. :(

Hey guys I also have a question. Do any of you know if apemania is still around? I've been wanting for years to purchase some stuff from them but they never seem to update the website and there email links don't work. I haven't tried there phone but I thought I'd ask you ape fans. They reliable and good? I searched and not a lot but got some good feedback. Let me know please thanks.

Hey guys I also have a question. Do any of you know if apemania is still around? I've been wanting for years to purchase some stuff from them but they never seem to update the website and there email links don't work. I haven't tried there phone but I thought I'd ask you ape fans. They reliable and good? I searched and not a lot but got some good feedback. Let me know please thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. I e-mailed them a while back but never got a response. No one picked up the phone when I called. Not sure if they are still in business.

I was wondering the same thing. I e-mailed them a while back but never got a response. No one picked up the phone when I called. Not sure if they are still in business.

That's too bad. Really would like to get some of there products. Heard nothing but good things.

Apemania is alive and well! I got an email from Brian. Asking every question I can. they are in the middle of upgrading there website but they are alive!

Yep still around and Brian just sent me a list of prices for there items. It's handy to have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yep still around and Brian just sent me a list of prices for there items. It's handy to have.

Any chance you can post their list? It would be cool to see. I think Jessica used to work with them or at least help them with some costumes, or projects. She might be able to give you some info if Apemania is too busy.

FIGURE TOY COMPANY is doing well with their 8" 1966 Mego Batman line. Maybe if they got the license we could get some more Ape figures. Sure miss these guys.
It's great to see the SAVE thread alive as well. Thanks for breathing a little life into it Ryan.

Any chance you can post their list? It would be cool to see. I think Jessica used to work with them or at least help them with some costumes, or projects. She might be able to give you some info if Apemania is too busy.

FIGURE TOY COMPANY is doing well with their 8" 1966 Mego Batman line. Maybe if they got the license we could get some more Ape figures. Sure miss these guys.
It's great to see the SAVE thread alive as well. Thanks for breathing a little life into it Ryan.
I'll post it in a little bit. Brian starting in January will be busy working on Jeepers Creepers 3 so it'll be crazy but he'll answer any questions and take orders when can. Gotta keep the apes going!

With both the death of the NECA line and the cancellation of the Pop Culture Shock's 1/4 scale Ursus statue, POTA is pretty much dead in the marketplace. I really can't imagine the property finding a home anywhere.

Alright guys sorry of the late reply but here is some of the pricing lists for Apemania Brian gave me below for some of there products.

Apemania Prosthetics:

FOR THE DO-IT-YOURSELFERS

RAW Prosthetics (UNPAINTED / NO TEETH): per set $152

(each character set is available RAW and comes with its own vac-u-form storage face)
•TEETH (uppers and lowers) un-painted $ 37

• FULLY PAINTED Muzzle and Chin, vented with teeth $366

(comes with vac-u-form storage face)

Ears (2) (CHIMPs) $ 79

• Wigs: (ALL characters) $366

• Hair-piece sets: $366

• Forehead (CHIMPs & GORILLAS)

• Cheeks (2) (ALL characters)

• Beard (ALL characters)

Eye Brows (2) (ORANGs) $63 / pair

Optional Wrist Hairpieces (2) (CHIMPs & ORANGs) $99 / pair

• Hair collar (optional for GORILLAS): $78 while supplies last

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FINISHED PROSTHETIC ITEMS PRICED INDIVIDUALLY:

• Fully painted Muzzle and Chin, vented with teeth $366

(comes with vac-u-form storage face)

• Hair collar (optional for GORILLAS): $78 while supplies last

• Wigs: (ALL characters) $366

• Hair-piece sets: $366

• Forehead (CHIMPs & GORILLAS)

• Cheeks (2) (ALL characters)

• Beard (ALL characters)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

COMPLETE PROSTHETIC SETS

CHIMPANZEE Prosthetics Set COMPLETE : $1,175

price includes:

FOAM LATEX Muzzle and Chin, fully painted, vented with teeth

Ears (2)

Wig

Hair-piece set:

Forehead

Cheeks (2)

Beard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORANGUTAN Prosthetics Set COMPLETE : $1,160

price includes:

Wig

Hair-piece set:

Eyebrows (2)

Cheeks (2)

Beard

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GORILLA Prosthetics Set COMPLETE $1,098

price includes:

Wig

Hair-piece set:

Forehead

Cheeks (2)

Beard

optional Hair collar (additional: $78 while supplies last)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Make-up & Hair SUPPLIES

• BEGINNERS START-UP Make-up KIT: $262

INCLUDES SMALL SIZES and AMOUNTS of

PROSTHETIC ADHESIVE

HAIRPIECE ADHESIVE

COLORS

BRUSHES, SPONGES, PUFFS

PROSTHETIC ADHESIVE REMOVER

DETAILED PAPER INSTRUCTIONS

• DELUXE MAKE-UP APPLICATION, COLOR, AND REMOVAL KIT: $784

(necessary for DPPO MASKS AND Prosthetics)

PROSTHETIC ADHESIVE

HAIRPIECE ADHESIVE

COLOR PALLET

ASSORTED BRUSHES, SPONGES, PUFFS

BLACK TOOTH ENAMEL

PROSTHETIC ADHESIVE REMOVER

DETAILED PAPER INSTRUCTIONS

Handy carry-case

Deluxe Pull over Prosthetics:

The Deluxe Prosthetic Pull Over Mask ensembles come complete with a Starter Make-up & Removal Kit

as well as print and video instructions to instruct you with proper techniques for application,

removal, maintenance and repair. With proper care they will last for years.

These are the same masks we use on the Apemania performers when they do live ape-pearances™. They have the same mobility and expression as a 4 hour prosthetic make-up, but all the make-up and hair "ape-lication™" is already completed because the prosthetics are pre-attached to a breathable spandex hood. It actually only takes about ten minutes to get into one of these masks, which saves a great deal of prep time when our performers are massing for an ape-pearance™!!!

And if you want even more mobility for speaking, we can make your DPPO with a chin that glues on separately. It takes a little more time to get ready when you go ape than the regular DPPO, and you will have to replace the chin after a while, but it does offer a bit more mobility than the regular DPPO.

Current price is $1450 Credit Card/Paypal price plus shipping and handling.

Each DELUXE PROSTHETIC PULL-OVER takes about 4 to 6 weeks to complete, once we have your head measurements . To ensure a perfect fit, you will have to complete a head measurement chart. (click here and print out the chart).

Pleasure doing business with you.

Brian Penikas

Keeper of the Glue and Faith for APEMANIA.COM

Make-up & Monsters Studios

c/o 9909 Topanga Canyon Blvd, #352

Chatsworth, California

USA

(818) 710-MKUP (6587) STUDIO

(818) 712-MKUP (6587) FAX

Life Size Busts:

HEADS & HANDS

• Our economy Chimp heads are $850, Gorillas $950

• Chimp/Orang hands are $850/pair

• Wardrobe prices are listed on the site <https://apemania.com/PRICES/MASTERLIST2.htm>

BUSTS

Economy heads have painted eyes. Add $850 to any head if you want glass eye treatment.

Credit Card / PayPal ORDER PRICES in US Dollars:

$ 2,855 DELUXE bust CORNELIUS, ZIRA, CAESAR, or GALEN

+$ 475 base (choice of trophy or sandstone)

or

$ 1,920 Life Size Economy Bust, CORNELIUS, ZIRA, CAESAR, or GALEN

+$ 475 base (choice of trophy or sandstone)

CASH / MONEY ORDER PRICES:

$ 1,850 Life Size Economy Bust, CORNELIUS, ZIRA, CAESAR

+$ 450 base

$ 2,750 DELUXE bust CORNELIUS, ZIRA, CAESAR

+$ 450 base

$ 1,850 Life Size Economy Bust, MILO APE-O-NAUT

+$ 450 base

$ 2,750 DELUXE bust MILO APE-O-NAUT

+$ 450 base

$ 1,850 Life Size Economy Bust, CONQUEST ape

+$ 450 base

$ 2,750 DELUXE bust CONQUEST ape

+$ 450 base

$ 1,850 Life Size Economy Bust, ZAIUS

+$ 450 base

$ 2,750 DELUXE bust ZAIUS

+$ 450 base

$ 1,950 Life Size Economy Bust, MARCUS/ GORILLA soldier/guard

+$ 450 base

$ 2,950 DELUXE bust MARCUS/ GORILLA soldier/guard

+$ 450 base

$ 2,225 Economy URSUS Busts (without the base)

+$ 450 base

$ 4,500 DELUXE URSUS Bust <https://apemania.com/UrsusBustDeluxe.htm>

The URSUS displays we are producing these days are much more screen accurate than the ones we were making

10 years ago, as you can see in this image as well as the images at the following link:

<https://apemania.com/DISPLAYS/MANNEQUINS/Ursus.htm>

Thank you for your interest in our replicas.

Brian Penikas

c/o 9909 Topanga Canyon Blvd, #352

Chatsworth, California

USA

Apemania Mannequins:

2014 Credit Card/PayPal Pricing (not including crate and freight / shipping & handling):

• CORNELIUS / ZIRA Mannequin

with GLOSS or FLAT BLACK base : 5,550

wardrobe: tunic, pants/dress, shoes (rubber) 1,950

SUB TOTAL: 7,500

DELUXE EYES and FINISH: add + 1,200

TOTAL: 8,700

Note: eye treatment pricing only, not deluxe hair and paint:

• ADD prosthetic EYES to any head, (add $600 cash/money order price $625 credit card price)

• GORILLA/MARCUS Mannequin

wardrobe: Vest, shirt, pants, bando, boots, gloves 2,530

SUB TOTAL: 10,080

TOTAL: 11,280

• ADD prosthetic EYES to any head, (add $600 cash/money order price $625 credit card price)

• ZAIUS Mannequin

wardrobe: jacket, shirt, pants, shoes (rubber) 2,400 SUB TOTAL: 7,950

TOTAL: 9,150

GENERAL "URSUS"

• mannequin form with GLOSS or FLAT BLACK base : 5,550

• WARDROBE DELUXE VERSION (COMPLETE): 11,730

• General’s Pistol (“BENEATH”) Economy urethane 157

TOTAL: 17,437

TOTAL: 18,637

All prices listed are Credit Card /PayPal price)

Apemania Collectors Masks

Shipping and handling including UPS GROUND delivery to your location will be $22.

We have a few ECONOMY versions available at the moment:

PayPal/Credit Card prices (in USD $)

(1) machine "wefted" hair ECONOMY/COLLECTORS masks are $152 Plus Shipping & Handling

(2) HAND-LAID hairlines on the ECONOMY/COLLECTORS masks $252 . (See attached fotos) Plus Shipping & Handling

(3) HAND-TIED LACE FRONT COLLECTORs MASKS We are currently running a special on these for the same price $252 as the HAND-LAID hairline masks, but only until the lace-front stock runs out. Plus Shipping & Handling

Cheers,

Brian Penikas

c/o 9909 Topanga Canyon Blvd., #352

Chatsworth, California

USA

I also would like to add that some of the products I asked if they still around I got an answer. The ANSA Backpack is no longer around and only 10 were made. The Caesar Roddy McDowell Commemorative Wall Plaque is still available and for about $450 plus shipping and a portion is donated to the Motion Picture Television Fund. There resin kits are still around and the list is below.
Yes.
RESIN KITS

• Unpainted: $140

• BRONZE FINISH: $240 (Ursus: $425)

• Fully Painted $295 (Ursus: $495)
At the moment they have been working on some pretty awesome stuff. I pasted below what Brian told me. I hope this helps you guys and email is below!

"Yes, we are. lately, as far as our Ape activities go, we have been helping private collectors with life-size mannequin displays as well as completing our replica POTA rifle line. <https://apemania.com/ACCESSORIES/Accessories_Page.htm> We now have replicas of both the 1968 POTA as well as 1970 BENEATH rifles available in dummy "economy" or deluxe airsoft models. And due to popular demand, we also offer (to sport shooters) each rifle stock sized to fit US M-1 Carbines and/or and Ruger 10/22's. Those replicas have stirred up a lot of laughs and smiles at local shooting ranges!"

email:[email protected]

Ryan

Thanks for posting that. Wish I could get some of those. A painted resin kit is very very tempting though.

Last edited:
Back