Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The resin kit and commemorative plaque I'm interested in the most at the moment and the replica stuff I am also. Tons of goodies for ape fans!

Hey all,

I'm working on a project for myself on making a custom George Taylor 1:6 figure. I'm actually making a new one since I do own the old Sideshow versions both astronaut and slave which both are great but are a bit outdated. I'm going to be commissioning someone to sculpt a new head and hopefully it goes through and if any of you are interested let me know and I'll update you on the whereabouts of that if it does happen. At the moment I'm going to start my project. I'm going to go for the end look of Taylor with the loin cloth shorts. I'm going to remake and upgrade them and of course a whole new body since the sideshow is really skinny and way out of portion. I have a aci Latin American body which has a good height of Charlton Heston and seems to fit his fisique pretty well. It's hard to find a body to capture the 50's/60's build well but I think this comes pretty darn close. Suggestions and comments are much appreciated. Took a quick pic of the body and next to the Sideshow Slave Taylor.

Ryan

ay2g6g.png

uploadfromtaptalk1451963602249.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1451963627068.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1451963627068.jpg
    691.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
AND it's a green light! Sculptor will be tackling the new George Taylor/ Charlton Heston Sculpt! Interest thread link is below. We need about 20 or more people to get the ball rolling so head on over! Pricing will be $70 plus $6 shipping U.S and International will be $18. Upgrade your old Sideshow figures or make a brand new one! Up too you! Let the games begin!

Ryan
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-charlton-heston-sculpt-list.html#post8344396

AND it's a green light! Sculptor will be tackling the new George Taylor/ Charlton Heston Sculpt! Interest thread link is below. We need about 20 or more people to get the ball rolling so head on over! Pricing will be $70 plus $6 shipping U.S and International will be $18. Upgrade your old Sideshow figures or make a brand new one! Up too you! Let the games begin!

Ryan
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-charlton-heston-sculpt-list.html#post8344396

That's awesome. I'm definitely in.

Any of you ape fans want to help me out and join in on the project? If you help and post in the interest thread it would really help me out. I need 20 for the project to go forward. So far I have 6.

Ryan

Be sure to contact the people who posted to my Heston interest list. It had 16 people interested:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...on-omega-planet-apes-etc.html?highlight=omega

Sean

So yesterday I received in another old Sideshow goodie I've been eyeing on getting for a while. I picked up Astronaut Brent and I was a little hesitant on getting him since the online photos made him look really weird but in hands it is so much better than expected and the sculpt is really well detailed and the paint isn't half bad. The eyes are a little wonky but aren't that bad. I really love the figure and probably one of my favorite classic Sideshow figures I own to date. Very fun. I'll post some pics sometime this week.

Here's a quick pic I took of Brent next to Taylor. I've been having a blast taking out my old Sideshow figures.
287emgk.jpg

Another thing you could do is paint those black buttons white, it really helps improve the outfit. I think you will be pleased.

Another thing you could do is paint those black buttons white, it really helps improve the outfit. I think you will be pleased.

That's a good idea. Thanks Sticks! Just trying to revive this thread and keep it going.

Just out of curiosity, who would buy copies of Neca's 2ups of the ape heads if they were willing to sell them? Could be a great way to add diversity to existing 1:6 garrisons, council members and archaeologists!

Back