Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That was me... and Thanks...

Your welcome Jungle! Living in a valley in the sonoran desert, it is nice to have the higher eleveation in the same state as to seek refuge from this ungodly heat. Have fun at lake powell, it is really nice up there!

Wow, those reviews really give me hope that what I will be seeing this Saturday with my sons will be a an entertaining and interesting ride.

I just can't wait now!

My twin brother and I are going to watch the movie friday, since his girlfriend and mine do not seem to be as interested.

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I just can't wait for this movie! I've been hooked since the first trailer!

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I just can't wait for this movie! I've been hooked since the first trailer!

Yes, I agree Lonnie. I was looking forward to it for a while and then just sort of forgot about it. All of a sudden, it's due out in a week. A very nice surprise!

Well, I built my first Planet of the Apes print... even if it is the reboot. :clap :clap :clap

My theater got their print of Rise of the Planet of the Apes tonight! I had a chance to screen it after hours (I'd be watching right now!) but I promised my son that we would see it first together.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Well, fellow Ape Brethren, Rise of the Planet of the Apes opens today. I for one could not wait until Sunday to see it. I've got tickets for the 7:00 showing tonight.

On a side note, today is John Huston's birthday. Could it be a good omen for the film... to open on the Lawgiver's birthday? :horror :horror :horror

just picked up tix for the wife and I. Going to the 10:40 show. The newspapers in NY have been giving it 4 stars all around. Saying its the sci fi film of the end of summer.

Here's hoping!!!!!!!!

I will say that I saw the Planet of the Apes "Rise of the Apes" ealier today with my brother and we both loved it! I will not give away anything, but was very impressed with the continued action and well made story line. A must see and even a very hard critic from arizona gave it an overwhelming approval! I will be buying this movie! Enjoy a great film people!:hi5::clap

I wish I had that shirt as well.

I saw the film at the first Friday morning show. I will admit that I was very hesitant going in after the way Burton's "reimagining" went over. I didn't see Franco as good enough for a role I felt was so pivotal. I didn't think CGI apes were good enough to work for what amounts to the main characters.
I was wrong.
I loved the film. It wasn't classic POTA but it has a good story and some great nods to the original series of films.
One thing I am sure of now; a classic POTA style film could easily be done in CGI.

I agree 100%.

My wife and I went to the midnight "Rise" (ROTPOTA) movie Thursday night and we both liked it. I really hope for future movies with more "quotable" dialog like in the classic POTA movies.

Easily the best film I've seen all year. Both my son and I had an APE-TASTIC time!

We're seeing it again on Sunday. :clap :clap :clap

And Jess, my son wore the Ape T-shirt you made him awhile back to the screening....

I can't wait to see ROTPOTA but it's not out in the UK yet. When I 1st heard about this being made I wasn't really interested, sorry to the people who liked it but I was like what Ironman1188 said about Tim Burton's version, hesitant to say the least but since seeing the trailers & peoples feedback on Rise being really positive, this has suddenly made this film a must see for me.

Hi folks!

My wife and I went out to see the new APES movie last night. We both enjoyed it very much and I'd certainly recommend it also.
:hi5:

I've been reading the new APES book as well. I enjoy the way it "weaves" in and out of the the 1st movie. Still have lots to read, I'm somewhere around chapter 5.

~Angel~ :angelsmil

Just got back from "Rise", yeah, it fits in so well that I am using just the first word of the title. That is how I refer to the other sequels... "Beneath", "Escape", "Conquest" and "Battle". It is a true Ape film, unlike Burton's misstep. My two sons and I just loved it!

It truly paid homage to the original film. All those references with the character names: Maurice, Buck, Cornelia, Jacobs, Franklin, Rodman, Dodge Landon, Bright Eyes, and probably some I missed. I'm not going to give away other things that refer to the original series of of films but there are a lot of things that reflect things that were in the original.

The only thing I will refer to is when one of the characters delivers the line: "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!" It just sounded out of place, no one can deliver that line like Heston and it just didn't have the gravity it did in the original. It was almost like the film maker felt obligated to put it in and it just didn't work. It was the one bad note in an almost perfect reboot of the franchise.

Loved it! I know that most of you in Central City will also.

One last thing... If anyone is listening...

This movie marks the last we'll see of actors in make-up for this franchise. CGI for any sequels...

You can count on it!

Back