Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heh...i just googled my name and there are two people in the US with my name...and they both happen to be me.

Forgot to show you guys the bell I bought for my cell phone. He's going to get so beat up, poor little monkey.

DSC07716.jpg
DSC07717.jpg

I looked for the chair that Jess found at Ross today and no luck! I will have to google somemore Ross stores in the area I guess!:monkey2

Guys I finally watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

The good? It was better than Burton's POS.

The bad? I didn't like it was much as I wanted to.

Will I watch it again? Probably not.

Kfog--I went to two Ross stores yesterday and came up empty, too. I will keep trying. I think a pair would be perfect. Try Marshall's as well...Tomorrow I will go to Marshall's to try to find it there.

So sorry to hear your opinion of "Rise".

I really liked it, it so much fit in with the POTA world.

If you saw Rise, was there anything there merchandise-worthy? Like a character you had to have a figure of?

I too loved Rise, thought it was really great and will definitely buy it on blu-ray and maybe see it again in theaters. As a figure, i'd like a Caesar (hey, we've seen king kong and smeagol merchandise), but they must make the face expressive and eyes spot on :)

I'm glad you noticed... No one here mentioned that post.

We are leaving soon for our Arizona adventure. Sedona first and the next stop will be Lake Powell, and I just can't wait.

It's been 40 plus years since I first saw the place in the original film and soon I will actually be there.

I've got my I-pod filled with the music from all the POTA's films and will be listening to the soundtracks as I hike around "Dead Lake" in the forbidden zone.

Have fun on your trip Jungle. That sounds very exciting!!! Can you please bring your Sideshow figures and take photos of them, if you can? I would love to see that....

Guys I just found this blog today. I think it's Gary Cook's site...and I have been avoiding anything Rise-related, so I have never chanced upon it. So now that I have seen the film, I peeked in there and it's so awesome!!! It has so much ape goodness in it. I could spend hours just staring at it.

https://apeswillrise.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
Have fun on your trip Jungle. That sounds very exciting!!! Can you please bring your Sideshow figures and take photos of them, if you can? I would love to see that....

Guys I just found this blog today. I think it's Gary Cook's site...and I have been avoiding anything Rise-related, so I have never chanced upon it. So now that I have seen the film, I peeked in there and it's so awesome!!! It has so many ape goodness in it. I could spend hours just staring at it.

https://apeswillrise.tumblr.com/

Thanks, Jess! I will be bringing my Sideshow Taylor and My Medicom Taylor, Nova, Cornelius, Zira, Dr Zaius, and two Gorilla Guards. Not enough room for all my Sideshow Apes.

And... I will be giving a full report to the General when I return from the "Forbidden Zone".

With Pix Added!

Jungle--I'm going to rewatch Rise this Saturday. I'm going to give it another chance. I really did not enjoy where I was seated (one row away from the front of the theater)...and then when my girlfriend started reading the subtitles...I...really...had...to...control...my....fist...of....death....

Give it a chance, just ignore the human performances and concentrate on the Apes.

They are the whole show.

Well, that... and all the references to the original picture.

Last edited:
Guys I have some scoop on the Death of the Planet of the Apes. If you want it, send me a PM, cause there may be others who don't want to know.

I am most happy to say that the second time watching Rise was palatable! The first time there were too many distractions. The CGI is not completely there yet, but they did with what they had. It was enjoyable. So...YAY!

Maurice for the Orang, get your paws off, ceasar, Buck the Gorilla etc very enjoyable an look forward to pt2 and remember the conditioning the suffered in conquest was the word "NO" and No human was to utter it after the war.

Back