Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Add me to the list, for both.
Personally, I would want just the main characters- Taylor, Zira, Cornelius, Zaus and the General (from the first movie).

Personally, I would want just the main characters- Taylor, Zira, Cornelius, Zaus and the General (from the first movie).

Hey, no double dipping. :)

I will put you down for Cornelius as per your list.

Hey IM--I just finished my boots for Link. Construction was relatively easy, just sew the leather around the leg inside out (right side facing right side). Turn right side out. Sew the soles shut together, and glue a thicker leather with heel on top. If your leather is smooth, scratch it up so the glue can find something to bite.

dsc04384p.jpg

dsc04393.jpg

Last edited:
Jess those boots are amazing. That leather is exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll have to wait for stores to start stocking their winter items before i might be able to find it.

lot of those sculpts look like Angel's don't they? I remmeber Snickertown had always used those purple/blue gloves.
The sculpts reminded me of Angels and the custom work reminded me of Snick's

There was no General in the first film.

Ironman--no need to wait for winter. I am sure you can find something in your local Goodwill. Just think out of the box. I got my gloves at Ross, one of those discount stores. The gloves were pricey ($25, but they were goatskin leather and cashmere lined)...and the color was just damned perfect for Dr. Zaius gloves, so I bought two pairs--one for me to wear and one pair just to be cut up for the hieroglyphs.

Thanks, Sticks and Ironman. This Link project has been in a holding pattern since forever because I got stumped by the boots.

Last edited:
I would buy both Cornelius and Dr. Zaius... actually I would buy whatever Apes Hot Toys made. If I had to choose only one, I guess I would vote for Cornelius. Cornelius and Zira were two of my fave figures growing up in the 70's.

The ape I was thinking about when I said general was
Norman Burton the hunt leader. I think thats right. Hes the right hand ape to Dr. Zaius.

Norman Burton the hunt leader. I think thats right. Hes the right hand ape to Dr. Zaius.

Wasn't that the one that Frontline made the head of?

Jess, I don't think I have a goodwill in the area. Your idea to think outside the box has gotten me to thinking. I think I have an old member's only type jacket that I wouldn't mind sacrificing to the project. BTW, do you know an easy loincloth recipe?

Last edited:

Technically we already have him. The Gorilla soldier that Hot Toys released had glyphs on his bandolier and the ONLY gorilla that had those glyphs was Marcus.

Although the head does not look much like him, unfortunately. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Technically we already have him. The Gorilla soldier that Hot Toys released had glyphs on his bandolier and the ONLY gorilla that had those glyphs was Marcus.

Although the head does not look much like him, unfortunately. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

True, but at least the Frontline head could be used. I know guys like Snick and Matt Sotis were "hairing" up molded haired apes. I did try and get "Farrow" to answer some questions about it but he [via his partner[?] never got back to me.
I just hope to see something more from HT on the apes line.:pray:

I would love to see a cast of a Frontline face replace the Hot Toys gorilla face to see how it would look. I bet it would look spectacular. IM--I saw a link on OSW about hairing up a figure, with great explanations. You should check that out. Seems simple enough--just fussy.

I just got off the phone with the Retrodome of San Jose, and the apes double feature is still on for Sunday at 1PM. I was going to skip it (it's an hour away), but you know how geeky I am and need to get my ape on. Pray I don't get pulled over while in ape gear, cause that stuff is stuck on my face after it's glued down.

Hey IM--I just finished my boots for Link. Construction was relatively easy, just sew the leather around the leg inside out (right side facing right side). Turn right side out. Sew the soles shut together, and glue a thicker leather with heel on top. If your leather is smooth, scratch it up so the glue can find something to bite.

dsc04384p.jpg

dsc04393.jpg

I think these boots are gorgeous. :love

dsc04384p.jpg

dsc04393.jpg

Your such a wealth of custom information. I've been stumped on doing some custom boots and now I'm going to try some of your advise with the gloves on some of the customs I've had on the back burner. :clap:hi5:

Thanks for your support and interest in "Planet of the Apes" series of Hot Toys product!
Please keep visit[ing] our official website to get the latest news.

Thanks,
BN/ Hot Toys Ltd

Your such a wealth of custom information. I've been stumped on doing some custom boots and now I'm going to try some of your advise with the gloves on some of the customs I've had on the back burner. :clap:hi5:

:1-1:

Glad I could help. These boots have had me stumped for some time myself. Plus it had to be right the first time because I didn't have enough leather to make any mistakes. :gah:

If you ever get stuck on a custom, you should just ask. I like problem solving.

IM--I need more info on what type of loincloth you need. Is it something for a damned dirty human on the Planet of the Apes? Or is it for Smeagol? Same habit, different animal.

As far as next Apes from Hot Toys I'd like a decent Ceasar (since the Sideshow version was a disappointment). And then a three pack of Conquest apes in jumpsuits (chimp, gorilla, orangutan).

But I'd REALLY like Escape from the Planet of the Apes ape-o-nauts (why not throw in a 1/6 Icarus ship/Liberty One ship too! ;) ).

I'd also hope for a decent Taylor. But I'd get whatever they released as long as the price was reasonable.

Sean

Last edited:
Sean, what's wrong with the Sideshow Caesar?

Ironman--Have you ever seen the photos of Taylor's garb? It's just a bunch of plant fiber glued on top of beige underwear. If you have any 1:6 type underwear for your figure, I would glue your leather or dark fabric on top of the underwear. The tricky part is that your figure is 3D, so you would need to compensate for this by cutting darts near the waist so the fabric hugs the body and hangs well.

Back