Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If HT is to only reveal 2 figures at a time then I would think a Dr. Z with Alternate Dr.Z would be next before bringing out the big guns, Cornelius and Zira.

I love your idea for and Astro Dodge and Stuffed Dodge KFOG. Too many options. I'd still like a better Caesar and Nova. :pray:

I forgot, and I know Jessica was going to try a mod using the Hasbro faces, are they interchangable? It would be great to have different faces. How many HT apes do you have now IM? I think last time I checked you were at 8. :clap
Still the same. Unfortunately :(
How about a dual kit of all the Astronauts? Stewart as normal and in the cryochamber with the chamber included of course. Dodge in full astro uniform with all accesories and as the stuffed museum version, Taylor with better sculpt with better looking accesories, Landon in astro uniform with accesories, raft, and extra lobotomized version.:monkey5
Great ideas, but i would want to be able to afford them!:rotfl
I still do not believe that Heston's likeness is "get"able at this moment in time. And we know that Franciscus's isn't available. So I think the astronauts, as a whole, are out of the question. Unless they are the Ape-O-Nauts. :yess::yess::yess:

If Hot Toys does ANY more figures, they will be apes. And I think that we only got three apes last time because the Gorilla Captain was just a variation on another offering. I would expect a one or two figure announcement the next time around. :pray::pray::pray:

Ape-o-nauts would be nice, just to get Milo. If they only offer 2, and they don't include gorillas, then I would have to think Cornelius & Zira would be the two.

I forgot, and I know Jessica was going to try a mod using the Hasbro faces, are they interchangable? It would be great to have different faces. How many HT apes do you have now IM? I think last time I checked you were at 8. :clap

You can plop a Hasbro face onto a Hot Toys gorilla, but the Hasbro face has that wide-eyed stare. Maybe a repaint of the eyes would make it better. The Hasbro face is just a tad big. But good for populating your garrison! Fine for a background gorilla, though.

Shomp--glad to see Angel's work sell. The other ones just did not sell. Not surprising, since ape fans are very picky.

I think if Hot Toys does two apes, it would be Zira and Cornelius. I doubt they would make 3 apes...unless it's the ape-o-nauts. In any case, let them be chimps! Let them be chimps!!

If HT is to only reveal 2 figures at a time then I would think a Dr. Z with Alternate Dr.Z would be next before bringing out the big guns, Cornelius and Zira.

I love your idea for and Astro Dodge and Stuffed Dodge KFOG. Too many options. I'd still like a better Caesar and Nova. :pray:

I like this idea of yours, Sticks. But I am not patient enough to wait for the big guns.

It would be killer if they have Dr. Z in the Armageddon outfit.

Just bring on the damned apes, is all!! :hi5:

Do we know the seller of those other custom apes? It wouldn't be Matt Sotis, would it? Isn't he in New York?

Still the same. Unfortunately :(

Great ideas, but i would want to be able to afford them!:rotfl

Ape-o-nauts would be nice, just to get Milo. If they only offer 2, and they don't include gorillas, then I would have to think Cornelius & Zira would be the two.

But are the faces interchangable? I'm nowhere near my POTA garrison. :monkey4

With how sluggish production runs have become I'm sure you'll have enough time in between releases to save.:yess:

I like this idea of yours, Sticks. But I am not patient enough to wait for the big guns.

It would be killer if they have Dr. Z in the Armageddon outfit.

Just bring on the damned apes, is all!! :hi5:

:1-1::lol

Hi Jessica, I'm sure you could help. Are the faces interchangable?

I still do not believe that Heston's likeness is "get"able at this moment in time. And we know that Franciscus's isn't available. So I think the astronauts, as a whole, are out of the question. Unless they are the Ape-O-Nauts. :yess::yess::yess:

If Hot Toys does ANY more figures, they will be apes. And I think that we only got three apes last time because the Gorilla Captain was just a variation on another offering. I would expect a one or two figure announcement the next time around. :pray::pray::pray:

Hi there PZ, Nice score on the Poster:hi5: what's your vote? As if I didn't know, it needs to be official. :lol
You Too KFOG:slap

So far:

Dr. Zaius
Shompdog
Stickman
ProtoZauis

Cornelius
Ironman
Jessica
Dollmanron

Last edited:

Yes, you can easily cut off the Hasbro hair and make a plug in the back with Apoxie that will fit here behind his face:
DSC00591.jpg

The plug will need to look like this to fit neatly:
DSC00590.jpg

Yes, you can easily cut off the Hasbro hair and make a plug in the back with Apoxie that will fit here behind his face:
DSC00591.jpg

The plug will need to look like this to fit neatly:
DSC00590.jpg

Look how similar they are.
dsc02376a.jpg

This is how it looks on the body, in case anybody was interested:
dsc02374m.jpg

Thank you so much for the pictures. How do you feel about the transplant? Do you feel the Hasbro face is too broad? I know the detail isn't as nice as HT but at least it can be done.

I think the Hasbro face is too big. The detail is lacking also, but it's good for a background ape and rounding out your garrison. Maybe a repaint of the eyes so they don't look so shocked. I would re-paint it just to see how it looks but I'm not really in the mood to paint right now. I'm too lazy to dig out everything.

I'm still not digging that fuzzy hair though. There must be a way to make it more real. I'm still thinking about it, but haven't done anything.

Also, I am freaking about about Sunday, when I want to go in full ape gear. Should I or shouldn't I? I even dreamed about it, which goes to prove it's really weighing in on my subconscious. And the weather is not cooperating with my foam latex, so I haven't even bothered to try to run some foam. If I go in ape gear it will be with Apemania's Zira.

Last edited:
Hi there PZ, Nice score on the Poster:hi5: what's your vote? As if I didn't know, it needs to be official. :lol
You Too KFOG:slap

I'm liking your new avatar photo Sticks! :clap :clap :clap

Of course, if there was only one I'd want it to be Zaius in his classic robes. Perhaps we'll get two Zaius variations ( Forbidden Zone riding gear or the Armageddon garb) with one being "limited" and a Cornelius.

Just my two cents. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Cornelius, if I'd been Taylor I would have put a bullet in his Zaius's head at the end of POTA.

What, and prove Zaius right? :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

In the end, Taylor realizes that his contempt with his own kind were identical to that of Zaius' contempt for man. He had been so busy trying to stay alive in this world, that he had forgottten the very convictions he held that brought him there. Just as Taylor wanted to tear Zaius down, expose the conflict inherit in being both Minister of Science and the Chief Defender of the Faith, he couldn't argue any more with Zaius on the truth of man's violent nature. He lost that particular chess match.

Yep, that Zaius was one smart monkey. :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

Which is why Hot Toys should make a figure of him!!!:exactly: :exactly: :exactly:

Last edited:
It's like trying to pick between pamela anderson and Anjelina Jolie! Hmmmmmmmm! Let's go with Cornelius!:panic:

Dr. Zaius
Shompdog
Stickman
ProtoZaius

Cornelius
Kfog41
Ironman
Jessica
Dollmanron

lot of those sculpts look like Angel's don't they? I remmeber Snickertown had always used those purple/blue gloves.

Last edited:
Back