Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kind of drifted away from POTA customs for a bit. I wasn't getting them to turn out like I hoped so I thought maybe a bit of a break and then coming in with a fresh perspective may help. Burke sits waiting for me to hone my skills a bit more. I don't want to screw him up. I did just pick up a few small things that are getting me back in full ape mode. AND, I am hoping to be able to take my little guy to the NYCC in october so that should joggle things for me too!!

It would be cool if Hot Toys can make Dr. Zaius wearing his Armageddon outfit. He needs to be able to ride alongside their wonderful General Ursus.

Still gunning for the chimps from Hot Toys. If they can get the hair right, I'm all over them.

I wish Hot Toys would come out with chimps. Seems silly to make a few gorillas then stop. :(

i think there is hope. perhaps the new film, even though it is an entirely different beast, may reignite interest...

Thanks to an email from Angel, I'm now going to be the proud owner of this poster:

5414071020a.jpg

It's a reprint, but it'll hold me until I can find and afford an original. :pray::pray::pray:

I still can't believe that my favorite film of all time opened on my birthday! :yess::yess::yess:

Thanks again for the heads up, Angel. I really appreciate it! :clap:clap:clap

Last edited:
PZ that is most awesome!

Yeah, Hot Toys. Go make some chimps!!

Ironman--never made any boots. I am actually tinkering with a pair for Link from the Legend of Zelda. I think I can make it--I just don't want to waste leather if I'm going to mess it up--so I need to experiment with just fabric first. It's just different to work with leather and fabric. They are just different animals, but at least the fabric will get me the correct dimensions so that I don't cut the leather too small. If you remember, it's the leftover leather from the Dr. Zaius gloves that I made for myself.

If HT gave Collectors the vote, What would you vote for first?

Cornelius or Dr. Zaius?

Cornelius, PLEASE!!!

Hey, Ironman--have you considered doing something super drastic about the boot feet? I was thinking about it this morning, if what I was doing was not working I'm going to do something drastic...perhaps you could saw off the ankles and insert ball joints and sculpt in the boot feet.

If HT gave Collectors the vote, What would you vote for first?

Cornelius or Dr. Zaius?

I'd vote for Dr. Zaius, especially if he were wearing his Armageddon outfit from Beneath. :hi5:

On a side note, there must be a dozen custom Planet of the Apes figures on eBay listed. What do you guys think of them?

i've been out all day. missed all the custom apes. i looked just now, but there are only a handful from San Jose California..and I can't see any customization on them at all.

Cornelius, PLEASE!!!

Hey, Ironman--have you considered doing something super drastic about the boot feet? I was thinking about it this morning, if what I was doing was not working I'm going to do something drastic...perhaps you could saw off the ankles and insert ball joints and sculpt in the boot feet.

I'm actually hoping that the next three HT POTA figures will be a chimp, a gorilla and an orangutan.

Jess, I'm working with one of the newer HT TT bodies, so removal of the feet isn't difficult. I had wanted to avoid it so as to not lose the mobility that particular body has in the ankles. I looked in the material stores nearby for something similar to what I had in mind to make the boots/shoes but could not find any. Its really a simple looking piece of footwear, I just can't figure out how to make it look good in 1:6.

Sorry IM, no gorilla this next time. That I'm pretty sure of that. It would seem that 3 offereings would keep with the HT' theme. Taylor seems too easy as he is only human so maybe he'll be passed in the offerings again. Zira and Cornelius will come out together, makes only sense. So I really think that it will be Zira, Cornelius, and Dr. Z that we will see announced in the upcoming months.

Dr. Z in FZ outfit would be steller.

Maybe not, but it would be an easy add to the mix for them as they would only need a new face plate and maybe some fine tuning on the accessories.

I forgot, and I know Jessica was going to try a mod using the Hasbro faces, are they interchangable? It would be great to have different faces. How many HT apes do you have now IM? I think last time I checked you were at 8. :clap

How about a dual kit of all the Astronauts? Stewart as normal and in the cryochamber with the chamber included of course. Dodge in full astro uniform with all accesories and as the stuffed museum version, Taylor with better sculpt with better looking accesories, Landon in astro uniform with accesories, raft, and extra lobotomized version.:monkey5

I still do not believe that Heston's likeness is "get"able at this moment in time. And we know that Franciscus's isn't available. So I think the astronauts, as a whole, are out of the question. Unless they are the Ape-O-Nauts. :yess::yess::yess:

If Hot Toys does ANY more figures, they will be apes. And I think that we only got three apes last time because the Gorilla Captain was just a variation on another offering. I would expect a one or two figure announcement the next time around. :pray::pray::pray:

Back