Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Monkeybat! I have been nagging Angel for those too. Perhaps with the less expensive resin options it will be more cost effective for him to make them for us! At least that is my hope. Also having multiple customers is a good thing too.

I would even be willing to pay 50% up front to help subsidize the resin / RTV purchase cost.

Bunkermeister,

What's the cost per fluid oz on the resin?

What's the cost per fluid oz on the silicone rubber?

Can you please let me know? (no hurry)

I'm always looking for a deal. Is the resin a 50/50 mix? I prefer that.

Bunkermeister,

I usually buy my silicone rubber from Micro-Mark.

https://www.micromark.com/ONE-TO-ONE-and-RAPID-MOLD-RUBBER-32-FL-OZ,7883.html

This 32 oz. of silicone rubber comes out to about .86 per oz. How much is the silicone rubber per oz. from your favorite vendor? I couldn't tell how many ounces were in those bottles you had recommended.

Last edited:
Hello Angelofmusic2112,

My experience with brush on RTV is very small. I have only used it a couple times. I have used a few different of the Smooth on pourable RTVs. Also check out the Smooth on website, they have lots of techincal details, training and information. They do charge more than their dealers.

I have some on order from Blick and can check the prices and quantity more carefully when it arrives.

The Hasbro 12" Planet of the Apes line was released in the fall of 1998 for the 30th anniversary of the first film's release (it states this on the box of both Zaius and Cornelius).

Strangely enough I bought the first wave on the day that Roddy McDowall died. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

The Hasbro 12" Planet of the Apes line was released in the fall of 1998 for the 30th anniversary of the first film's release (it states this on the box of both Zaius and Cornelius).

Strangely enough I bought the first wave on the day that Roddy McDowall died. :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Wow that's sad, PZ.

I love surfing the internet for ape stuff. Here's what I found today, and I kinda like it:
pota2qf8.jpg

Bunkmeister--congrats on your storyline. I love how you can take the photos and portray a story with them.

And I also happen to like this new guy: :yess:

Did you guys ever read through this? It's a wonderful read!

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgur...&ndsp=18&tbs=isch:1&ei=lqb2S9CZJaW2tAPUxamJBQ

Also...the new Simian Scrolls Magazine came out and it's just freaking great!! Except the cover, which is the type of art I really don't like, the magazine is fabulous!!

WOWZA! They are shooting a film with the Monkey King, called "A Journey to the West." It's going to be spectacular if it's supposed to be like apes meet House of Flying Daggers!! The white outfit is a beautiful outfit. That would be fun to cosplay. I wonder if the ape's makeup is foam latex or silicone???
chineseplanetoftheapes2.jpg
chineseplanetoftheapes.jpg

Here's a new image I found today:
PlanetOfTheApesTribute.jpg

I've been watching Zatoichi TV series lately...only got through 2 disks (have to Netflix some more)...anyway, I just noticed that the hairline of the Japanese women on the show look amazingly Zira-like and the goofy thing is, I never figured it out until recently that their hairline is pulled WAYYYYYYY too low on the natural forehead. I should google some images of Geisha to see if they still do the makeup with the super low hairline. It's almost like Zira's...I swear!!

Last edited:
Know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking that Angel has single-handedly made the coolest Planet of the Apes stuff this thread has ever seen. I don't mean to offend anybody. That's just how I feel. He's done the wagon, the wall pieces, the chairs, the tribunal scene and ALL of the tiny stuff on that table...am I forgetting anything? He's done dental surgery and made the SS Zaius a hundred times better...So much stuff he's done!!

Oh yes! Also on the top of the list is Stick's Planet of the Apes set. I forgot about those since the photos have not been posted for awhile...and it was uber cool that he did win fan favorite....

IM--I'm not downplaying your ape carving/wall piece. You haven't finished it yet, have you? Any painting you've done lately?

Last edited:
There was nothing on TV today, so I powered up the DVD and watched Escape. After that, I had to pick up Ashton from Kindergarten. He said he wanted to watch Beneath, so it's playing right now. I just noticed how short Zira's skirt got from Beneath to Escape. Still long, but a lot shorter than I thought it was~! Never noticed that before.

It sure is nice to see General Ursus giving his speech!!!

Funny...Nova's hair is so very long yet untangled. There's just no way to keep hair that long and not let it become dredlocks if you don't comb it once in awhile....or keep it braided to keep it from entangling. My hair is about that length and I hate to comb through it. I rarely do that, but I do keep it braided to minimize the knots. Plus, I am Asian, so my hair is really straight and coarse and it doesn't tangle easily...but seeing the texture of Nova's hair again, it looks like the type that could tangle easily.

Have you guys seen this poster before?
bataille-planete-singes-pt.jpg

Last edited:
Luis_Royo_-_El_Planeta_De_Los_Simios_boceto_01.jpg

I never noticed the "CD" on these wall carvings but obviously Angel did!!

bds3mgbwkkgrhgohcuejlll.jpg

461bj.jpg

This is how I look when an idea pops into my head:
a7dc12.jpg

Last edited:
|I am guessing that the applicance your wondering about (the Monkey King?) is a foam latex 2 part appliance.

Even tho silicone rubber has moved into the area of facial appliances in the last few years, many companies continue to use foam latex over silicone mainly due to cost reasons.

Its a wonderful looking appliance tho...

IM--I'm not downplaying your ape carving/wall piece. You haven't finished it yet, have you? Any painting you've done lately?

I still need to paint it with the stone paint and put the "framework" on. All my finetuning is on hold until my computer is repaired as all ref pix are stored there. :(

Back