Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go...

...rename it as necessary...

>>>>>
I don't know how to capture this image with the computer I am working on:
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...SeLaL4MJOTjYQI

Thank you!!

pota20behind20the20scen.jpg

Using some Locktite gel super glue, I sculpted a beard on my Slave Taylor figure, and am really happy with the results...

chuck.jpg

WOW!!! That came out SUPERB!! :hi5:

In Mego scale, I sculpted Dr. Z's hieroglyphs. First I tried to create an impression of the hieroglyphs, but it sucked. So I ended up sculpting everything instead of trying to press in the design. After this was baked to cure, I rolled some clay on top to get a negative of the hieroglyphs (a mold). This "mold" is now curing in the oven as I type. My plan is to try to get a positive of this with magic clay, which is semi-flexible and dries super light. I can shape this over Dr. Z's shoulders and then let it cure overnight. If it works, I can paint over it to make it look like leather. We'll see how it goes. If this works, this is how I'm going to create El Presidente's hieroglyphs. Wish I could post photos but I can't remember where I placed my camera.

Last edited:
Using some Locktite gel super glue, I sculpted a beard on my Slave Taylor figure, and am really happy with the results...

Looks very professional Batman Professor. Nice job on that beard! :yess:

Did you also dye the fabric colors on your apes? Seems kind of purple-ish.

Wow those hieroglyphs are just gorgeous, Angel! Thinking of your project is really making me want to get cracking on El Presidente myself.

Here's what I was monkeying with today, and the hieroglyphs are the practice hieroglyphs. They looked much better after I slimmed them down with an exacto blade and after they were painted.
dsc03903f.jpg

I found a box of 1/6 scale parts in my garage today to include some gorilla clothes, an unfinished gorilla head and a naked human body.

Guess who's making another gorilla? :slap

I started putting some blue apoxy on him today.

Damn, that's impressive. I've been wanting to kitbash a 1/6 OMEGA MAN for a while now. One thing I do have is this 1/6 resin kit, which has a pretty good likeness...

OMEGA.jpg

OMEGA2.jpg

Back