Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's awesome! Love that statue. Thanks for sharing those great pics. That baddie looks super creepy! Neville (Heston) actually wore a green hat in the movie, not a blue one as I have pictured. I may have to try and create Mathias holding an axe or a sledge hammer. :cool:

I really like the coloring of that baddie Batman Professor. Did you paint him yourself? The whole thing looks great!

Yeah, that's a Batman Professor special from the 90's. Your "Brother Zachary" is awesome BTW.

OMEGA2.jpg

Old:
drgalen038.jpg

Updated new face:
dsc03904o.jpg

I'll be making a cast of this ape and I will paint it up, and this diorama will be chugging forward again.

Old:
drgalen038.jpg

Updated new face:
dsc03904o.jpg

I'll be making a cast of this ape and I will paint it up, and this diorama will be chugging forward again.

I like this chimp much better. Nice improvement with the muzzle on Dr. Galen! I'd love to create that surgery scene as well. You'll be able to get some really good photos with the backdrop and all. Hope to see more on this.

I'd also like to see some photos from our friend Dr. Zaius and that 1/6 mutant jail he has. That thing was badass.

I worked on El Presidente's hieroglyphs (Mego scale). It's practice for when I make the 1:6 scale ones. Plus, I really want to photograph the three orangutans while the camera pans up to them as they look down on the stadium. I'm going to see if I can find an extra Mego head that I can sculpt into an orangutan instead of sculpting the whole thing from scratch, which will be faster. I really like this new system of hieroglyphs. It's so much cleaner than what I was trying before.

My pack of horses stampeded on the cage bars so it's broken up and I have to re-do, but I wasn't really happy with how it had come out. It's a good chance to start all over again or just rework it. I hated the way it couldn't stand solidly. I need to weigh it down so it doesn't blow over since it's just foam.

Getting serious pressure left and right to stop customizing from my family. It's tough feigning a deaf ear, since some of that negativity just leaks through. I am however, pushing on. I've come this far I can't stop now.

Great mash-up pics, Getonija! I didn't realize that Cornelius was sporting the perfect Jedi scowl.

And welcome to APE CITY!!! :blissy :welcome1: :blissy

Wow Cornelius looks fabulous as a Jedi!!!

The other time Cornelius looked good was when he was made up as Paul Stanley.

I was dying to borrow my girlfriend's Michael Jackson Beat It jacket and photograph Cornelius in it, but the jacket is made out of vinyl and is slowly deteriorating. She'd kill me if I messed it up.

thanks guys

:welcome1:

Getoninja - That Sideshow Cornelius head looks perfect on him as a Jedi. What kind of gear are you needing from SSURs Rebel Ape? I might be able to help you.

actually just got the last piece I needed today in the mail, belt with canteen and ammo pouch. Im using DiD Che's clothes/accessories.
Time to get started. And thanks for the offering to help.

Whooot! I present the most complicated costume I am making for daycare! I just have to add the bottom portion of the jacket, and then I'm done. I put this outfit together without a pattern. What a relief! It's been hanging heavy on my shoulders for awhile now, and the performance is only 8 weeks away. It fits Dylan nicely!

Front:
dsc03959r.jpg

Back:
dsc03960d.jpg

Back