Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone needed a 1:6 scale rose, so I made one. What do you guys think? It's real fun to play with!!

dsc00822yj.jpg

dsc00821l.jpg

Forgot to say that the rose is made out of red sculpey (so I didn't have to paint it), copper wire, clear packaging tape that I painted green, floral tape, and good old Kleenex.

AngelofMusic 2112 made a for a Lawgiver bust, of course it was fabulous.

Angel, you should make a thread of all your wonderful work so that I can look at it and get inspired.

AngelofMusic 2112 made a for a Lawgiver bust, of course it was fabulous.

Angel, you should make a thread of all your wonderful work so that I can look at it and get inspired.

Just wish I could 6 more post's to go. :gah:

Then I suppose I need to put a call out to AngelofMusic 2112 for information on buying a 1/6th scale LawGiver bust then! The perfect accessory for every Ape home.

More news on the POTA reboot front.... an the official press release that Fox sent out today:

"Twentieth Century Fox has set a June 24, 2011 release for RISE OF THE APES, a completely new take on one of the Studio’s most beloved and successful franchises. Oscar®-winning visual effects house WETA Digital – employing certain of the groundbreaking technologies developed for AVATAR – will render, for the first time ever in the film series, photo-realistic apes rather than costumed actors.

Peter Chernin and Dylan Clark will produce for Chernin Entertainment under its new pact with Fox. Acclaimed filmmaker Rupert Wyatt (“The Escapist”) is directing from a screenplay by Amanda Silver & Rick Jaffa, who also are producing.

RISE OF THE APES (tentative title) is an origin story in the truest sense of the term. Set in present day San Francisco, the film is a reality-based cautionary tale, a science fiction/science fact blend, where man’s own experiments with genetic engineering lead to the development of intelligence in apes and the onset of a war for supremacy."

Looks like this is really going to happen. :thud: :thud: :thud:

Part of the charm of POTA was the great makeup. Having GCI Apes will only further distance the movie from what I like about POTA. While this may be a good movie on it's own, I don't think it will be a good POTA movie.

It will suck and blow. It's going to suck hard. That's my take on it.

I will watch it but will probably enjoy watching it while drunk.

Unfortunately, the imagination of the youth today isn't sparked by seeing people in makeup... not like they were in the 60's and 70's. They have been thoroughly "avatarded". If FOX is going to reach that vital demographic, CG Apes it must be.

I find it interesting that this property is still near and dear to the hearts of the people at FOX all these years later for them to attempt this "Rebooting the Reimagining of the Planet of the Apes."

Like I've said before, if this new film in some way sparks Hot Toys to jump on the Ape Wagon once again and give us that next wave of 12"ers, wouldn't it be worth it? :yess::yess::yess:

CGI Apes... The kiss of death. I'm done with the remakes and re-boots.

I'll stick to re-watching the originals for my ape fixes. Thank you very much, Fox, for trying but no thanks to CGI Apes.

You Apes need to get out of this thread once in a while. I started a thread about the new movie yesterday. :wave :D

Back