Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to look into the holes. Then I like to fill them with my own or others ideas. I just want to be sure that I have not missed anything before I start filling in holes that are not holes.

I tried to make a cast of my SS Zira, but the cast miserably failed because I think the liquid plastic was too old. It was threatening not to cure properly, so I gave up. This was the second try...I let it cure for days instead of minutes. Anyway, the outcome is still pretty kewl to me, kind of like a weird dream:

dsc03305x.jpg
dsc03306g.jpg

Either that--or floating on water. My sister wanted it so I gave it to her. It would make a great fridge magnet!

Hey guys--Denver Fabrics is having a 50% off sale on a lot of fabrics. I just bought 6 yards of wool at $5 per yard. This usually sells for $22/yard. I'm going to sew a 1:1 scale inverness jacket for someone. There's really no deadline, so I'll get to it when I can.

inverness.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.smooth-on.com/

Smooth-on makes great resin and RTV for molds. I use there stuff all the time. Even old resin will usually cure if you measure it carefully, mix it completely and use it in a warm place. It is best to use up your resin as soon as you open it, within a few days, because the water in the air will react to it and cause it not to cure properly. There are sprays you can use to displace the air if you are going to store your resin for a while. I find it easier to just use it up. Also, small thin items don't cure as quickly as big thick ones, so casting in a warm room or better yet, outdoors on a warm day will help.

Has anyone made 12" female Orangutans or Gorillas? Since they are not well represented in the movies, what would they wear? Same outfits as Zira but in orange or black? I was thinking of dying a Hasbro Zira outfit, and swapping heads and hands with a Hasbro Zira to make a female Orangutan and Gorilla. I am not sure the females would be much different looking, to humans at least.

Bunkmeiser--Angel did that. His female gorilla looks really sweet!!

I don't think anybody else has made any female gorillas or orangutans--although I do remember Matt Sotis had a female gorilla but in Mego scale.

So, Angel, is there a photo of this female gorilla someplace that I can look at? What did you do to make a female gorilla?

Thanks Jessica for the lead.

Thanks Angel for the photo. Now, tell me how you did it? Is it a Zira body and clothing dyed? Or something else?

It's actually Scully (from The X-files). A friend gave her to me as a freebie, so I converted her into a generic gorilla by dying Zira's clothes with a purple & plum fabric dye. I also painted her shoes brown. I pulled off Scully's white gloved hands and replaced them Sideshow Ziras hairy hands. Swapping hands with these rwo figures worked well because Astronaut Zira received the white-gloved hands and they look really good with the white Astronaut outfit she is wearing. Lastly, I sculpted a gorilla face on top of Scully's face and painted it.

Well La - a female gorilla whom I call Elta.

I hope that helps. :angelsmil

I just posted these favorite photos on OSW. I thought since it took me awhile to gather them that I should post them here again for Bunkermeister.

KISS043-1.jpg

BBQ005.jpg

BBQ009.jpg

escape217.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

Cornelius011.jpg

IMG_3861.jpg

IMG_3888b.jpg

Zaius004.jpg

Fantastic! Not only great composition and technical photo skill, but great models too. I love the female chimp clothing, you did well with that project. Thanks for sharing the photos.

I found some great 1:6 flowers on the way home from the pharmacy. By the time I took the photos, they were a little wilted. Anyway, thought it would be fun to photograph my favorite couple. The table is one of our extra patio bricks.

dsc03632u.jpg

dsc03649m.jpg

dsc03651d.jpg

I got a few Gorillas in the mail today, from Hasbro. I also now have a Sideshow Cornelius and Zira, Slave Taylor & Nova, with a Dr. Zaius on the way! The Ape City is growing in population.

Now, I just got to whip up a few females. My plan is to dye some Zira clothing black, and orange to make female gorillas and orangutans. I will then replace the Zira heads with Male Orangutan and Gorilla heads. I figure the heads are not that different between male and females.

Back