Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was watching the "Oscars" and was appalled that, when they went through the people that passed away this year, there was much applause for many people but a hush overcame the audience when Heston's name was announced.

There was little acclaim for his work.

Politics is one thing, but art is more important. Hollywood give the man his due...

NRA aside... Heston was one hell of an actor.

Rest in Peace Mr. Heston...

Oh crap, that's right, he did pass away. I completely forgot about that.

Just pre-ordered the General Ursus Hot Toys figure. My first Planet of the Apes figure in my collection and it's a damn good looking one too!

Though the remake movie wasn't all that great, I thought Michael Clarke Duncan's gorilla character would make for an excellent figure.

Congratulations!! :banana

Ironman, here are photos of the cast I have of Dr. Milo. If you want me to make you one I can pour another cast for you.

DrMilo001.jpg

DrMilo003.jpg

DrMilo005.jpg

DrMilo006.jpg

Wow. I can't believe I didn't do any customizing today. I'm usually doing something, but today I did nothing. Just thinking about cutting up my scarf for Zira's neck wrap instead of sacrificing my sweater...and wondering if I could take it apart a little so I could use the dark brown strings for Zira's sleeves.

Oh crap, that's right, he did pass away. I completely forgot about that.

Hi abadguy! I noticed that You are from Illinois, I am originally from the Peoria/Pekin area. Which part do You hail from? Later, kfog41

Umm, in case anyone's interested, there's a SST Cornelius figure up on Ebay with a starting price of 99 cents. Let the frenzy begin...PS

I wish I did a better job with the hair. Oh well. Next time. I got honorable mention at the costume contest, though!!

IMG_5844.jpg

IMG_5834.jpg

IMG_5835.jpg

I wish I did a better job with the hair. Oh well. Next time. I got honorable mention at the costume contest, though!!

IMG_5844.jpg

You look great Jess... WOW... I'm so envious! It looks like you had a blast! :chew:chew:chew

Gee.. the last time I dressed up for a con was back in 1976! :horror:horror:horror

I was written up on a blog!! That's me because I was the only ape in town!! :banana

Best costume prob goes to either the Batman and Catwoman duo, or the woman in the Planet of the Apes with FX makeup, hair and costume. I did a double-take when I saw her. She looked so unassuming walking the show. If I didn't know better I'd say she walked off a tv/movie set.

https://11by17.blogspot.com/2009/03/w...ip-report.html

I was written up on a blog!! That's me because I was the only ape in town!! :banana

Best costume prob goes to either the Batman and Catwoman duo, or the woman in the Planet of the Apes with FX makeup, hair and costume. I did a double-take when I saw her. She looked so unassuming walking the show. If I didn't know better I'd say she walked off a tv/movie set.

https://11by17.blogspot.com/2009/03/w...ip-report.html

Wonderful quote about you. And congratulations for wearing a Zira costume and coming off as "unassuming."

Kudos to you Jess!! I only wish that I could have joined you. We could have kept going up to the puny humans arguing over whether they were for scientific research or target practice!! :D

Back