Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a new photo I found on Flickr. I think I was fumbling for my camera in my very deep pocket.

3340159883_b49a156d77.jpg

Do you guys sometimes feel like you have way too many projects you are working on? I'm feeling that way. Last night I tried to start on some items...but never followed through. I need to slow down. I'm going to paint some Mego-sized human heads and just enjoy it, and sneak in some paint on Carsia and she how she blossoms.

My costume is overwhelming me now. I have to re-do the shoulders/sleeves, the front green panel, re-weave the inner sleeve, and work on the wig.

Last edited:
I'm still here, lurking and monitoring... I just don't have much to contribute at this time. I wish I did but with the way this country is going right now, I'm just trying to hang in there...

I don't know why I push myself so hard. I guess there's so much I want to do and with work, I feel like there's never enough time to do the things I want. I'm just going to take a breather now and just do a good job on these repaints.

I really want to attack my costume in time for a convention in May. Maybe I'll just drive around in my makeup. Whatever. I'll have to cross that bridge when I get there. So maybe I'll not spend the night, but I WILL spend the day in costume because it's so goddamned fun.

Last edited:
I'm still here, lurking and monitoring... I just don't have much to contribute at this time. I wish I did but with the way this country is going right now, I'm just trying to hang in there...

I hear you JJ... I've had to increase my hours at work just to make ends meet.

I had to cancel a bunch of pre-orders from SS as well. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

And Stickman says "Hi" to everyone. He is busy at work trying to get his latest work filmed. It sounds to be quite good and i wish him luck and success with it!

Marriage...think TWICE for all you single citizens out there! My husband is giving me grief about my future costuming forays. It's a big deal to me though he can't understand it. Wayyyy beyond comprehension for a mere human.

I'm thinking about cancelling the Zaius PF. If something's got to give, he's got to be the one. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I'll have to see what the future brings.

I totally understand JJ. In fact, I just canceled my $450 order for the new Hot Toys apes with Sideshow. I don't have the $$$ for them, and I'm still not very excited over them. On the flip side, I am still very happy with the Sideshow apes and they're soooo much cheaper in price. :)

I think that cancellation is a really good decision on your part, Angel... I was never all that excited about them either. The hair really would make them stick out from the rest of the collection.

I still am considering Ursus because the helmet will cover most of the hair. I'm waiting to see it in person at my local comic shop before I make a final decision. Money is tight right now so the figure will really have to "Wow" me for me to pull the trigger on it.

The Zaius PF and the Hot Toys gorillas are the only things I haven't cancelled. :eek:

I've been holding off pre-ordering anything Apes related to see if Hot Toys makes Cornelius and Zira. They are the only two I consider must haves.

I've been holding off pre-ordering anything Apes related to see if Hot Toys makes Cornelius and Zira. They are the only two I consider must haves.

It will be interesting to see how Hot Toys plans to expand the line... if they do at all.

It all depends on how these first gorillas sell.

You can't have the Planet of the Apes license and not make Zaius, Cornelius and Zira!! (or whatever it is Hot Toys has)...

I had ordered 4 figures from Sideshow, but may cancel due to the 124.99 each price tag. I believe that they will be selling cheaper somewhere else! I am not in the habit of giving my money away to people.:rolleyes:

I think I need to make her darker by a couple of shades. I smoothed out her eyebrow ridges. I want to sand the bridge of her nose...need to find something small enough I can sand her down with...not sure if a wrapped up toothpick will do the trick. Her pupils came out beautifully. Wish I could take a closer shot of them.
Carsia041.jpg

He's a Gorilla!

What? No General Ursus? He's wayyyyy hot!!

I've never been able to get into the gorilla characters. I don't even have the Sideshow versions. As a kid I used to be afraid to watch the gorillas when they came on screen. Back in the 70s radio news shows would talk about the Vietnam war and used the term "gorilla soldiers." I thought they meant actual gorillas. When I first saw Planet of the Apes on TV I was scared to death and couldn't watch the talking gorillas. Cornelius and Zira, of course, were kind and friendly so I felt safe watching them. I used to have the Hasbro Ursus, but sold it on Ebay.

Back