Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can reglue the helmet pieces on the base and live with the misaligned hole but can't do anything about the broken chest armour. Problem is I've built my pf collection around Sauron and if I send him back I won't get my $200 duty back so I'm kind of over a barrel here, again. I'll ask for more money back but if they won't give me more there's not much I can do.

I'm done with Sideshow now. I'll get the Saruman and Dark Rider pfs I have on flex and cash out my points on a Hot Toys and that will be it. Everything arrives broken, or with terrible paint jobs that look nothing like the pictures on the website, their support is slow and they offer a pittance in refunds for major damage. I'm tired of it. I should be excited to open my packages from them, not wondering what's going to be broken or how bad it will look. My money can be better spent at other companies, like Weta.

I think you are SOL on any brokerage charges because that comes from the shipping company but if there is any duty or tax paid, you can apply to the government to get that back if it's returned as long as you fill out the proper paperwork. $100 discount is a joke.

I think you are SOL on any brokerage charges because that comes from the shipping company but if there is any duty or tax paid, you can apply to the government to get that back if it's returned as long as you fill out the proper paperwork. $100 discount is a joke.
Problem is that before a shipping company takes responsibility the box pretty much has to look smashed as if a truck ran over it. I'd just make use of my exchange right and buy a new one.

Yes, it is but I refuse to lose any money because of Sideshows mistake and don't want to wait 8 weeks for a government refund and unfortunately wmy whole LOTR collection is built around this statue so I will be keeping it but no more orders will be placed with Sideshow, except the last one were I spend my $300ish rewards points on a Hot Toys figure.

Was there no wait list on this guy, Just straight to sold out? Seems we've gone through very inaccurate stock counters to none at all.

Nice.
He totally sold out and done or just this "run" sold out?

Sauron will be one of my first pieces that I have been able to be in before release since joining this lobby. So I can see how a piece does before and after.
Many of my piece when starting were collecting older sold out pieces, like Venom for example.

Yes, it is but I refuse to lose any money because of Sideshows mistake and don't want to wait 8 weeks for a government refund and unfortunately wmy whole LOTR collection is built around this statue so I will be keeping it but no more orders will be placed with Sideshow, except the last one were I spend my $300ish rewards points on a Hot Toys figure.

That sucks you have to do that. Hopefully you have good success fixing it, good luck!

I think Sideshow's Sauron paint job is awesome as is, but as an artist, I wanted to try a few things to mine to see what happened. I don't advise this unless you are experienced with painting.

blacksteel_zpsbbe2126f.jpg

blacksteel2_zpscd6d8899.jpg

JV

I'm bumping this because I don't think we ever saw the finished product and this was the one repaint I was interested in seeing.

so its finally sold out?? Im glad i got one, only regret is I missed out the double rewards and coupon discount, could have saved some money,lol
prob a few people are gonna regret they missed this bad boy, its one of my fav and I feel the best statue in my collection , only Lotr piece i have (i dont think i need anything else to represent the movie)..my collection is mainly Dc and Marvel with a few movie and video games,,
Prime one 1 Optimus might take over as the fav in my collection but becos of the sheer siZe of this statue compared to Primes 27 inches, i think this might still remain my fav

love MY Sauron

DAMN he looks fantastic, love the shot of the mace coming out wards making the size of Sauron look even more gigantic, if he already is not. But looking at the original paint job, to the ones wanted a repaint when looking through the thread, I much prefer the original. Something RAW and realistic about the SST paint is more suited to the base, which gives the statue a realistic and evil look to him, not fussed on Sauron looking more shiny. But very camera shot I take, will have the flash on which brings out the paint work. My Payments is still a good 2 months away, now the Morgul Lord custom pose a few have done deserved a change

I don't agree with the paint job. The Sideshow paint job is terrible, making the statue look plastic and the lava glow looks more like rust. The reprints are way better than the standard version.

I know asking price is different than actual buying price.

But I am now seeing only 1 of these guys on the bay for under 1k. Rest are 1.2 and up.

Well he did sell out finally. I would think you could find one for close to retail if you tried and were patient, but I would expect the price to creep up.

Yea, by the way, I meant that as a good thing.

I bought mine the day my local store got him.
I want to see it go up.

;)

I checked out my Venom Com and GG's Colossal Sam...both have crazy asking prices.
Well the venom only showed in the sold listed. :D

Back