Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know asking price is different than actual buying price.

But I am now seeing only 1 of these guys on the bay for under 1k. Rest are 1.2 and up.

The biggest joke with some of these prices, they want over 1K for a damaged piece, its like, are they having a laugh?

Myn does not start shipping out until the final payment on April 15th

I know asking price is different than actual buying price.

But I am now seeing only 1 of these guys on the bay for under 1k. Rest are 1.2 and up.

A "displayed" one just sold on there for $850+ship so it won't be long. I can easily see these increasing, not many for sale on the secondary market means most are being kept.

I am willing to take $850 for mine if someone wants to drive down to Sacramento :). That's a good price I think. Way too fragile to ship him though.

My Sauron PF arrived today, damn this piece is fantastic. You can feel the presence of Sauron, he is just gigantic especially when he is posed next to Saruman the Morgul Lord

The unboxing

The Base top and bottom

the pieces going on the body

The Statue itself

The statue itself from all angles

Sauron's helmet

Sauron's cape

the one ring

Sauron's Mace

More pics of Sauron's armor

The Base

My overall thoughts on the statue?
I have seen many hate the paint work, and even wanting a repaint ruining this piece of art, I praise SST for being ambitious with this piece. From day to night, you see different textures of the paint, it never looks the same, and that is why I do love the paint work gone into the piece. Overall I am glad it does not look metal and shinny, it reflects Jerry's painting and the raging fires of DOOM how grim the armour would look inside mordor, and its by far my fave SS piece, and it will be my fave piece of all time. A high praise for SST from me, a solid 9/10

What they could have done different?
It does not get a 10, as I did wish the one ring had a light-up feature, or more detail gone into the bands around the ring, showing the language of mordor, when it comes in contact with anything hot which saurons body is a raging inferno show it. So if I was going to change anything, it would be the one ring.

If this was facebook I'd give that a like. :lol

oh those likes lol, defiantly glad I managed to find a witch king instead of the dark rider, and convert my Saruman to the exclusive. Because the way they are posed, the palantir hand would not look right next to Sauron. So it had to be the exclusive hand of Saruman next to Sauron

101379-Jim-Carrey-I-like-it-alot-gif-GflM.gif

The paint job has always been fine. People just needed to display him properly to bring out that lava glow effect. Here's mine. I got rid of all my LOTR pieces and thought if I only kept one piece from LOTR, it'd be Sauron.

1_zpsxyo5bojm.jpg

2_zpsacml2kqm.jpg

3_zpsa9myeiwt.jpg

4_zpsoa7mi5cr.jpg

5_zpsq6fetd0k.jpg

6_zpsa3gjnrao.jpg

I recently moved my statues, covered and turned off the radiator so they can never get damaged.

I was going to use this for Megatron and Optimus, but I changed my mind and decided, why not use it for my LOTR statues? so the room is not over cluttered. The display room looks far better displayed now

Sideshot

Witch King

Witch King and Sauron

Sauron

Sauron and Saruman

Saruman

Sideshot

Shots of all 3 together on the new display shelf

Back