Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it ede! Mine doesn't seem to have all that much orange lava glow on it. But either way if your a big LOTR fan and can afford it and have the space......PULL the trigger! I can almost guarantee you will be glad you did. Like I said earlier pictures just don't capture the true size and presence this statue has . It's the best LOTR PF out there in my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Riggo thank you for your comments on Sauron. Did you buy the DROM if yes what are your thoughts between the 2? I have the DROM and I love that piece, such a beautiful presence and if someone can compare the two that would be helpful. BTW, I have the Weta Sauron and people always give good comments on it when they see it but I do not mind adding this version if it is worth getting. Btw I like your picture :)

Yes I have the DROM and love him as well but i think Sauron is just a tad bit more imposing.There both really cool in there own right but the detail and size of Sauron make him pretty hard to beat. He's just so BIG!

Last edited:
Here's a pic of them side by side. They don't look that much different in sz in pics but you need to remember that Sauron isn't on a horse! lol
nyma3a4e.jpg

Last edited:
What a beautiful combo. I think, I am going to pull the trigger so I do not regret it later. Man and I thought the DROM's base was huge...

You'll be glad you did ede. I was on the fence for a while with this guy but am so glad I took the plunge it might be my fav PF. You'll be kicking yourself if you miss out on it.

# 417 in the house! Holly **** this thing is huge! I knew it would be big but not this big! Need to figure out the best way to display him with the rest of my collection. Pictures really don't do this piece justice it's freaking SICK!
y7u7ege9.jpg

Awesome man!! Congrats!! :hi5:

Youre going to like him more, every day that goes by.

Thanks the Josh and Dark Humor,
I'm really pretty blown away seeing this in person. It's better then I had hoped and I was hoping for a lot! Can't stop looking at it! I need to stop pouring glasses of wine and go to bed. I have to work tomorrow! :-/

Replacement base on its way soon...fingers crossed.
you were lucky to get a replacement base ,they told me they dont have any left, so they issued me with$120 credit on my next purchase,the damage on miñe was the hëlm on the mäin elven skeleton , i had the broken piece just glued it on , looks like new.

you were lucky to get a replacement base ,they told me they dont have any left, so they issued me with$120 credit on my next purchase,the damage on miñe was the hëlm on the mäin elven skeleton , i had the broken piece just glued it on , looks like new.

Sounds like the same kind of damage mine had.

what's the highest edition number anyone's received yet? Would that be any indication of how many have been sold?

Thanks the Josh and Dark Humor,
I'm really pretty blown away seeing this in person. It's better then I had hoped and I was hoping for a lot! Can't stop looking at it! I need to stop pouring glasses of wine and go to bed. I have to work tomorrow! :-/

No problem. Great shot of the two together. :rock Yeah, it does keep you just looking at it. I love just sitting in my collection room before bed looking at all my stuff. :rock

what's the highest edition number anyone's received yet? Would that be any indication of how many have been sold?

It might be but I don't know that to be true to be honest. The numbers shipped are fairly random from what I understand.

Sounds like the same kind of damage mine had.

my edition is 126 and i am uk based, another freakboard member who lives in the states got 125, if thäts any help.

They are random, but I think we were told they were doing a split shipment, so only the 1st 750 would be sold for a while. Highest number in the registry is 375 currently.

Hi here is some pics of my sauron of re paint just done the whole figigure in liquid silver leaf (thanks Adolfo )
Must say it is looking much better already looks like sauron just got his armor made, next process is to age it .

Last edited:
Here is another one I can't seem to post the pics on the same post If that makes any sense.

Last edited:
Looking awesome. I sure would like the guts to attempt this like you guys have!

Here is another one I can't seem to post the pics on the same post If that makes any sense.

Very very nice. I did one section at a time myself...but I gotta admit there is something pretty about you finishing all the liquid leaf armour in one shot...Looks like real new shiny steel armour now. I like it. Well done and grats. It does take guts to do a big expensive piece like this. Wish you luck on the next phase.

Back