Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very very nice. I did one section at a time myself...but I gotta admit there is something pretty about you finishing all the liquid leaf armour in one shot...Looks like real new shiny steel armour now. I like it. Well done and grats. It does take guts to do a big expensive piece like this. Wish you luck on the next phase.
thanks mate ,well it was down to you to take the plunge ,the reason why I done it quick is that the liquid leaf dries so quick, and I just got so in to it .
I found quite relaxing to do ,I haven't painted for a few years , I really enjoyed it.

It truly is.. Once you're in the zone it's a great feeling. My wife and kids just don't understand it sometimes. Wait till you're finished and the proud/good feelings come out as well.. Again I applaud your efforts. I thought about a possible repaint for almost a good year. Even when I received it I would just stare into space thinking about whether or not I should do it. My wife asked me what the hell am I thinking about and I told her that I'm thinking about repainting this piece. She was like "That is what you're freaking thinking about for these last few days! I thought it was something worse!" Then I just did it. Again grats

Last edited:
It truly is.. Once you're in the zone it's a great feeling. My wife and kids just don't understand it sometimes. Wait till you're finished and the proud/good feelings come out as well.. Again I applaud your efforts. I thought about a possible repaint for almost a good year. Even when I received it I would just stare into space thinking about whether or not I should do it. My wife asked me what am I thinking about and I told her that I'm thinking about repainting this piece. She was like "That is what you're freaking thinking about for these last few days! I thought it was something worse!" Then I just did it. Again grats
yes i could not wait to change it , i have only had it for seven days ,when i opened it up , i was amazed it its size and sculpt, i thought i could live with the paint job,but after 3 days i decided to repaint him thanks to your paint up ,and advice.

Was about $80 postage then £175 import taxes

Thanks Danstangoe, :wave

appreciate it.

That is a fantastic shipping price to the UK for such a large package.

I think Sideshow's Sauron paint job is awesome as is, but as an artist, I wanted to try a few things to mine to see what happened. I don't advise this unless you are experienced with painting.

blacksteel_zpsbbe2126f.jpg

blacksteel2_zpscd6d8899.jpg

JV

How is the repaint going Dutchart :wave

I would love to see some more pic. :wink1:

On sale at WBshop for $722 shipped right now until tomorrow with 15% code. DROM is also just $680. They do charge tax in many states, but it is still a good deal. Ebates also has 4.5% back for WBshop

On sale at WBshop for $722 shipped right now until tomorrow with 15% code. DROM is also just $680. They do charge tax in many states, but it is still a good deal. Ebates also has 4.5% back for WBshop

Shoot that is a phenomenal price

Thanks Danstangoe, :wave

appreciate it.

That is a fantastic shipping price to the UK for such a large package.

How is the repaint going Dutchart :wave

I would love to see some more pic. :wink1:

I haven't gotten any further than the helm. Too busy working on my "Durin's Bane" Balrog piece ; )

JV

Back