Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good. Are you going to try and recreate the glow effect too?

Man I can't believe you asked that question. I could be wrong but I don't see anyone that is going to repaint this and add lava effect. No way. I could see maybe if JV did it. But otherwise no way .....unless the display around Sauron matches the painting that JV. Kudos to anyone who tries that type of repaint you are talking about

Here's a pic of them side by side. They don't look that much different in sz in pics but you need to remember that Sauron isn't on a horse! lol
nyma3a4e.jpg

I got both on order so good to see them together
Thanks

Martin

sauron is finished,please bear in mind this is my take on it. it a cross between the weta version and the movie sauron, i hope .l dont apoligi ze for all the pics

Last edited:
some more pics and some with normal light bulb reflection who needs lava.

Last edited:
Looks great from what I can tell, do you have larger versions of the pics, it is hard to see the detail. Did you also repaint the base?
thanks mate, i will try to upload some bigger pics tomorrow, its started to get dark here already winter is coming.

Very well done and grats. I like the dirtied effect you have given him and some of those nice light reflections off of him give him a more natural lava glow. Well done. I see you worked on him a lot and fast. Once you start a job that gets the blood flowing you just don't leave it till done. It's a great feeling. Again grats. I just love the eighth and ninth photo the best showing what good lighting could do. Awesome and good job darkening the base and making the lava look brighter.

I bet he would look awesome if placed in front of a campfire. Would love to see photos of that.

thanks adolfo its all down to you ,:hi5:you inspired me to take the plunge when i saw your re paint.
l am going to do a bit more work on the base going to darken the front rocks bit more.you are right about getting in to the painting , i could not stop,untill it got dark .
also got my jv sauron canvas today just got to frame it , and then it will be hung just behind the statue then i will update the pics:wave

Last edited:
Nice job OB! Looks amazing!

Here is a pic of my set up. Sorry for the pic size.

Nice job OB! Looks amazing!

Here is a pic of my set up. Sorry for the pic size.
Thats awesome...those 2 pieces belong together...that case is perfect....holy is that on wheels...man I would bring that with me no matter what room I visit, even the bathroom:rotfl...as long as it was on the same floor

I think these repainted saurons would look alot better if the bases had the lavas glow removed from the skulls and weapons. I like the paint job alot more than the original, just think the base needs a repaint too because it just looks odd lol

I think these repainted saurons would look alot better if the bases had the lavas glow removed from the skulls and weapons. I like the paint job alot more than the original, just think the base needs a repaint too because it just looks odd lol
yes i agree that is going to be my next project.

Back