Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know exactly how I'm going to do mine hehe

Jerry, is there any chance New Line/Warner Bros. would let you sell a "Mordor Landscape" print specifically tailored for this statue? One with Mt. Doom in the distance? Something at least 36 inches high?

A lot of people are planning to display their statues with your Sauron painting behind, but with such a big statue, it'd be a shame to obscure your amazing painting.

(A Mordor backdrop would also be ideal for my Weta Barad-dur statue.)

Just wondering out loud!

Jerry, is there any chance New Line/Warner Bros. would let you sell a "Mordor Landscape" print specifically tailored for this statue? One with Mt. Doom in the distance? Something at least 36 inches high?

A lot of people are planning to display their statues with your Sauron painting behind, but with such a big statue, it'd be a shame to obscure your amazing painting.

(A Mordor backdrop would also be ideal for my Weta Barad-dur statue.)

Just wondering out loud!

Keep wondering out loud... :mad::thwak:slap:(:gah: sounds like a $200 or more paper giclee or a $400 canvas! .... Get a photo of Mordor and blow it up at Office Depot or something

Keep wondering out loud... :mad::thwak:slap:(:gah: sounds like a $200 or more paper giclee or a $400 canvas! .... Get a photo of Mordor and blow it up at Office Depot or something

Point him in the direction of a 10+ Megapixel Mordor background for a poster and he will be all set. Until then not much going to look good that big.

If this doesn't tell you Sauron isn't a good piece then nothing will. :wink1: :nana: :lol

He is, but i'm fine with my SSW statue :) It really does add to any PF collection though.

I thought you did??

Nope, i did order the Lurtz exclusive when it was the first one up, but cancelled (TWICE!!), and i do love the GTG. If there was one PF i could get it would be him, even over Sauron. The PF's may not fit in with my collection but GTG would be a good showcase, stand-alone item.

Just make sure you get the Balrog and next Hobbit DOS Giclee done. I know you sometimes take forever. :impatient::wink1::lol

yes I am rather slow sometimes haha but that's where all those details take a long time.balrog is currently on the easel and is being worked on right now after that Hobbit part 2 and then maybe an Aragorn landscape scene we will have to see.as far as a mordor backdrop, im gonna have trouble finding the time with the current schedule :wink1: :impatient:

Just assembled the guy, and I love it. One question though for the folks who also have it. These two parts shouldn't be exactly the same, should they? One should be a mirror opposite of the other, from the other pics I've seen. This one goes on the left knee, so I don't have a right knee one. Gyaghhh, I hope Sideshow can just mail me the tiny piece.

1235153_10100275321450920_536299479_n_zps7813ec1f.jpg

P.S. Dang, that mace is a space-killer.

Had a look that fantastic Video someone posted earlier. I'm still not 100% sold on the leg pose in combination with that mace arm. But the overall wow factor of this piece; the details, craftsmanship and sheer size really throws the pose issue out the window and all is forgotten!

Really well done by sideshow.

Holy crap the box is big.....

So we can expect the video soon then Solarsailor :wink1:

Don't forget the glass of red wine. :rotfl

Looking forward to seeing it buddy...I loved your DROM video and can't wait to see this one too.

So don't just sit there reading these posts...get started. :rotfl

I was so consumed last night from opening and setting up Sauron that I didn't visit the boards here. Great shots from Josh and everyone else.

#333 has arrived in NJ.

I can't say enough how fantastic I think Sauron came out. He's incredible and HUUUUUGE!!! I'll post a few pics later on tonight.

I did have a couple problems with mine. First, that diamond that Custo and a couple others had broken off was also broken off on mine. Second, the elf sword blade was cracked in half on the blade part. I was considering contacting Sideshow about both of these then I just said screw it as they were both easy fixes with some crazy glue and I'd never know it was broken if I hadn't glued it myself. Can't even tell now. Fixed.

I have noticed that the lava glow effect is different on everyone's statues and that's to be expected. Mine happens to be one where the lava reflection isn't as pronounced on his helmet spikes as say Fremen's or Josh's is. It's slightly more subdued and toned down which like what Danstangoe has and it is fine by me. Either version I would get is fine by me as I like both looks.

The only other thing I'll say is that I may (or may not) in the future attempt some drybrushing or washes of some black to get parts of his armor to be a more weathered look. Mainly near the top of his helmet and spikes. Like others have said, it looks a little too new. Again I may or may not do it. We'll see.

Outside of that? PERFECTION! Such a presence and the centerpiece of my collection. Did I mention HE'S HUGE!!!! Even my Big Chap Alien maquette looks small compared to him :lol

Glad you like him! I agree Sauron is such an superb statue that its left me still thinking about him even when I'm not looking at my collection. He's a beast of a statue and I am proud to own one of the coolest collectibles based on The Lord of the Rings.

So we can expect the video soon then Solarsailor :wink1:

Don't forget the glass of red wine. :rotfl

Looking forward to seeing it buddy...I loved your DROM video and can't wait to see this one too.

So don't just sit there reading these posts...get started. :rotfl

Just uploading now. With wine... that was before you mentioned it. :rotfl

Back