Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im not a fan of light up bits on statues, makes them look toyish, would be impossible to have readable writing on the ring anyway imo

Great pics all around, looks like he turned out very nice. Congrats guys!

I also dug the Middle Earth history lesson!

very interesting, i got mine last sunday & it seems like it was opened recklessly with many layers of tapes just like what u described (which cause to break the styrofoam). the mace, his ring finger (ironically) & one of the spikes in his helmet all broken. took the enjoyment of getting this piece :(
y8abepum.jpg

u7ujumus.jpg

nusyjagy.jpg

anyway, I hope sideshow stands by their product & do the right thing. Broken or not, I put him in display anyway he looks great.
emubegyh.jpg

Sorry it broke. And yes, it did look opened a taped back several times over. Anyone else look like this?

This is an awesome statue and it would be great having the Vanderstelt print beside it as well.

Seeing the elvish shields and helmets on the base I can't help thinking how great and fitting it would be for SS to produce some " Battle of the Last Alliance" PF's that would make great companion pieces to Sauron. I am talking about Gil Galad, Elrond, Isildur, Elendil, Elven soldier or Numenorean soldier. If SS continues with this line, I think one or more of the above should be made.

:lol

The ring finger broke off? wow...doesn't get any more authentic than that lol

Seriously though, that sucks. Hopefully SS will take care of that for you.

But really, what are the odds lol

Chris

This is what happens when Sideshow lets Isildur handle their QC inspections.

But seriously, for what this piece costs, they'd better do right by you.

lol it wasn't too funny when I first did the unboxing, but now I see the irony.
strange with yellow tapes all over the box, very unprofessional & broke some parts of the styrofoam. I thought that was from customs since they do sometime security checks, but seems this is not the case here.
I hope SS do the right thing.

Wow, what a fail, no LED back-lit writing on the ring. For this price?! Pass!

I just wanted to be the first one, you know someone is thinking this. :lol

:nana::nana::nana:

Bummer as that would have added greatly to it, but it looks awesome, I love the PF line, I wished it would continue, slow as it is, it gives us time to breathe a bit, thanks for sharing, The Dark Lord looks great!

It would have been cool but to be honest its so small I don't think it would have looked good. No problem. I appreciate the kind words about the pictures.

absolutely fantastic pics Josh there really bringing the detail out amazing.
big WOW from me can't wait to get mine

Thank you!! As I said I really hoped I would do a great job of capturing everything for you all. I think I did a good job this time of really delivering quality pictures.

You're gonna love it :rock

:lol Josh, if the Sauron PF was colored like a " bomb pop" red white and blue you would still love it! :rotfl nice pics by the way.

Last edited:
sorry Josh, forget to mention that your pics are awesome, high quality & shows all the details :)

I'm really studying the Sauron PF hard today to try to comprehend how I would do a repaint. Looking at the Weta 1/4 Sauron Helm and there is a huge difference. The SS PF Sauron looks like it was made that day and very "new" like vs the darker aged look of the Weta 1/4 helm and 1/6 statue. It would not be a quick paint job either. The base if I did touch it up I would slightly darken it up, but leave the lava glow in and by the cracks.

Last edited:
Has anyone who had an issue and emailed SS about it gotten a response yet?

I'm really studying the Sauron PF hard today try to comprehend how I would do a repaint. Looking at the Weta 1/4 Sauron Helm and there is a huge difference. The SS PF Sauron looks like it was made that day and very "new" like vs the darker aged look of the Weta 1/4 helm and 1/6 statue. It would not be a quick paint job either. The base if I did touch it up I would slightly darken it up, but leave the lava glow in and by the cracks.

I know exactly how I'm going to do mine hehe

:lol Josh, if the Sauron PF was colored like a " bomb pop" red white and blue you would still love it! :rotfl nice pics by the way.

Not exactly. :lol It I am pleased with how Sauron came out though. I've been saying over and over again that I knew SS would nail this one and I'm glad I was right. Thanks! :duff

sorry Josh, forget to mention that your pics are awesome, high quality & shows all the details :)

Thanks! :hi5:

I know exactly how I'm going to do mine hehe

I'm also actually looking at your art work to maybe match that but the big key would be lighting. IMHO to display this PF correctly it would have to be shown in a low lit area with low lighting pointing up towards it from the front of the base. Looks good even without but displayed properly could even be better. Sauron even IMHO needs to be displayed at eye level or higher too

Back