Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sick pics!

Were the hell is mine? Did anyone else order from secret compass and get shipping notices yet?

Chris

Hi Chris, :wave

I ordered mine from a US dealer "Comics Infinity"...have not heard anything from them on it yet.

It normally takes a few days after Sideshow starts shipping before the dealer contacts me.

Hang in there buddy.

Just opened 375. First noticed the two big hole punctures. Nice job UPS. Opened the shipper, and the art box had the two impressions, but did not puncture the art box.

Pulled the white packing out, it is VERY tight. Broke a piece of the foam pulling. I recommend opening and letting it slide out with gravity.

Really looked like it had been opened and re taped. The tape was a couple of layers thick. Be careful lifting the foam, a couple of pieces tend to stick.

I took the base out very carefully after reading that the base may have issues. The base was flawless. I then took the Sauron out and placed him in the base. The peg was very tight and had to be worked a little bit at first. After getting past the tight opened,it slid in with a heavy thud. Be careful rocking him into place. Next I placed the two arm plates in place with no issue. The left knee went in easy. The right knee hole is out of square. It would not sink flush; not a deal breaker here. Next I placed the shoulder pauldrons. No issues. Then the mace. Very smooth. Last came the head. Much better than the weta which just sat there and was easy to fall off; the pf actually has an impression for the head. All the spikes were straight.

I did take an LED light and went over it with my wife and daughter looking as well. No noticeable flaw or chips.

Overall impression...

Disappointed with the brown shipper damage ( do not know why I care, it is a shipper, but I do)

Art box is supper nice.

Foam inside is disappointing after seeing how great the reaper packing was. I know, I know, LS vs PF. But, still 900 for each I believe.

Base is super impressive. I did not think it would translate well from the painting, but it does.

Sauron figure does not have the same classic feel as the weta. Fremen, is correct, would be better with the Weta paint apps, but at least the paint apps were flawless. The over spray on the base was a very light orange and actually added to the over all look. It does have a more copper look on the armor, but, reflection on grey may have the effect.

Cape looks better spread out at the bottom. I kind of hooked the third layer on the elf shield and went out by the numenorians sword. Looks really nice.

I know weight will interest some...it had a nice heavy feel. Not like pf hulk, but pf colossus, maybe a tad heavier.

I really like the statue. If you choose not to get the pf, you could make an argument that the weta was just as good and no one could dispute your choice. However, I have both and while a tough call, the pf is the better piece.

Hope you enjoyed my review and it helps you un box yours. And, with all others, it is just my opinion, but it is a very nice piece. I am please with the over all outcome.

Ral

very interesting, i got mine last sunday & it seems like it was opened recklessly with many layers of tapes just like what u described (which cause to break the styrofoam). the mace, his ring finger (ironically) & one of the spikes in his helmet all broken. took the enjoyment of getting this piece :(
y8abepum.jpg

u7ujumus.jpg

nusyjagy.jpg

anyway, I hope sideshow stands by their product & do the right thing. Broken or not, I put him in display anyway he looks great.
emubegyh.jpg

Well, you make me change my mind about this one Josh. Nice pictures. The paint is great, maybe to much silver but, in a dark room with a wood cabinet under a spotlight... It will shine.

Thank you Josh.

There's also a great HD video on tube, the review is really great, he's filming the statue in 360 and put the DROM right beside with a Pepsi to give a idea of the size of this thing. Was surprise that the rider is just a little shorter.

Well, you make me change my mind about this one Josh. Nice pictures. The paint is great, maybe to much silver but, in a dark room with a wood cabinet under a spotlight... It will shine.

Thank you Josh.

There's also a great HD video on tube, the review is really great, he's filming the statue in 360 and put the DROM right beside with a Pepsi to give a idea of the size of this thing. Was surprise that the rider is just a little shorter.

Is this the video you are talking about joblain. :wave

Nice.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YTLJH4V90"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YTLJH4V90[/ame]

very interesting, i got mine last sunday & it seems like it was opened recklessly with many layers of tapes just like what u described (which cause to break the styrofoam). the mace, his ring finger (ironically) & one of the spikes in his helmet all broken. took the enjoyment of getting this piece :(

That sucks. :( I would have been totally bummed out if that had happened on this piece. Heck, it bums me out when it happens to other pieces let alone something like this.

Thank you Josh.

I'm glad I could help give you the info you needed to feel good about this piece. I'm being totally honest when I say the good things I'm saying and why I wanted to make sure I took really quality pictures of this guy.

No problem.

Yeah, I saw that. Its a great review. I'm friends with the guy on FB from being in several statue collector groups. He's a pretty cool guy and does a very nice job on his reviews. Yeah, The RWOS being smaller is a little surprising I'd imagine to most folks. I mean that alone is a huge piece but this is Sauron. :rock

That sucks. :( I would have been totally bummed out if that had happened on this piece. Heck, it bums me out when it happens to other pieces let alone something like this.

yeah bro really sucks, hope to hear from SS soon

Awesome pics Josh! Definitely makes the wait for mine harder.:lol The only good thing is that I have some time to look into the best display options and the Dark Rider can have his proper time in the spotlight.

:duff

Awesome pics Josh! Definitely makes the wait for mine harder.:lol The only good thing is that I have some time to look into the best display options and the Dark Rider can have his proper time in the spotlight.

:duff

Thanks! I the wait from last week was a pain so I do understand. :lol Yeah, this is a beast of an item to display. Still have to figure out what I want to do with the RWOS as far as display goes.

They gotta give you a replacement or nice compensation . No way you won't get it resolved with so many not sold yet

and no way I can accept partial refund for a statue like this, he is too important (& expensive) for that :)

WOW.

I have to say, Sauron looks awesome.

I don't collect PF's, but i hope SS do continue with them. A complete collection would look so good all together.

WOW.

I have to say, Sauron looks awesome.

I don't collect PF's, but i hope SS do continue with them. A complete collection would look so good all together.

I thought you did??

The pictures are great but with Sauron being HUGE is just not enough for me to "want" versus "need" it. The original SSW version fits me just fine and with Azog coming, I just have no real urge for this one, other then the cape and base, it is the same, does the ring have runes on it, that is something SSW missed on the original version, as when the ring was on Saurons finger was the only time the runes were visible. If I did not have the SSW version I might want this one. Congrads to those who have it, yes Frodo the PF's are just AWESOME!

The ring does not have the runes on it.

Bummer as that would have added greatly to it, but it looks awesome, I love the PF line, I wished it would continue, slow as it is, it gives us time to breathe a bit, thanks for sharing, The Dark Lord looks great!

Back