Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this.

I'm so glad you are happy and he came in great shape. It's such a nice PF.

Congrats!

It's okay, my shipper was beat up and ripped to hell too- but that's what it is for! The art box was mint at least! :lecture

Nice Job TD. :rock

You'll love him Josh! I can't take my eyes off him, but I can't get over how freaking big he is! My trouble has been finding a place to put him :lol!!

Man, I love him. It's a super awesome piece. Crazy amount of detail and everything about it is a homerun. I love the paint job in everyway possible. I'm sure my review is going to sound like total lovefest. It's without a doubt one of the best pieces I've ever owned. I think its one of SS best pieces if all-time.

I got #54.

Very good review and grats TD-0488. It is kinda funny from bottom to top it changes from a coppery tone to a silver piece with orange glow in between. I am considering repainting him combining silver and bronze paints for a darker hue and dry brushing black afterwards with no orange reflection of the lava. But it will have to wait. If i start it, it would be with the easy to work with helm just to see how it would look experimenting with color combos. That's if I do it. The only flaw if you could call it that would be the finish on Sauron. Weta's paint job is superior. Otherwise it's a real attention grabber and awesome piece. I absolutely love the base

Last edited:
Very good review and grats TD-0488. I am considering reprinting him combining silver and bronze paints for a darker hue and dry brushing black afterwards with no orange reflection of the lava. But it will have to wait. If i start it, it would be with the easy to work with helm just to see how it would look experimenting with color combos. That's if I do it

Not a bad idea, I may look at something similar depending if I like it.

My one comes tomorrow :yess:

I've got a high def video cam and will try to get some close ups of the paint for those of you on the fence.

I was on the fence with this PF for a long time...I was especially interested in hearing the review comments by those who also own the original Weta version, so a big "thank you" to Fremen, TD-0488 and Adolfo for helping me to finally make up my mind.

I really don't like doubling up on anything, and space is an issue for me (hey, it's Japan) so I'm just going to stick with my Weta Sauron.

Congratulations to all who get this figure.
If you don't already own the Weta version, then this PF is a no-brainer for Tolkien fans. And it may well be your last chance to grab a Dark Lord in any format for the foreseeable future.

Sean.

8 months might be a long wait. I'd try to start flexing it within 3 or 4

Yeah I know, but I'm flexing Hulk Gladiator and Galactus through April and March, respectively. Maybe I can overlap a month, possibly two if I pick up more work for after New Years, but as it stands now it would be monumentally stupid of me to spend the $180 a month before those other things are done. If I do, I would have to cancel everything else I have on preorder from BBTS and not sure I want to do that.

#73 In the House. Here are some box shots, will open him shortly. It looks like they have him suspended with foam so the art box is not in contact with the shipper box for some added protection.
rm80.jpg
3ozq.jpg

Do we have an actual weight on that UPS box label? Just curious

JV

Thanks guys. Probably weighs around 35-37 pounds itself at a guess. I'll find out in a few days I guess :wink1:

JV

Just going to post everything I kept from what I took today. I'm obviously very happy with the statue and think its one of the best pieces in my collection. I'm also pretty happy with the pictures and how they came out. Hope you all like the pictures.

Awesome! Great shots Josh! The natural light really shows how amazing he is! :rock

I fit my Sauron in two detolfs and put him on a stand inside... but the doors won't close because of his mace. Maybe I'll just take the doors off... :lol

Back