Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds like plastic was used in area that could have a high area of breakage. That's fine with me as I'd like this to show up in great shape. People forget polystone is a plastic as well. It just has more rigid nature than other kinds. The overspray looks great to me and as I said from the start that SS would nail it. We know the one at comic-con was production and thankfully the ones people are getting look just like that.

Can't wait for tomorrow. :rock

I found this pic of the artwork. Mine won't be here until Tuesday. I had not seen anyone else post theirs before.

118.jpg

It's a great piece of artwork. I've got one in one of my art print books. At some point I want to get it framed and put with the PF.

I found this pic of the artwork. Mine won't be here until Tuesday. I had not seen anyone else post theirs before.

118.jpg

It's been awhile since I posted mine. What ES number are they up to now in regards to the canvas Giclees. When you get yours please tell us

Last edited:
The gods, as they are in Tolkien land, are Valar, and then the beings next down from them are Maiar, which are kind of like the equivalent of angels to western culture, and Maiar have no inherent form. They are really spirits. So they have tons of different forms and take on different forms based on their personalities and purpose.

Thanks so much for the basics here. I've always been fond of the Lovecraftian aspect of LOTR's horror-fantasy, with monstrous godlike entities capable of assuming different forms locked in a fascinating struggle with humankind (or at least, humanlike beings). When one thinks of Sauron from Jackson's films, the image of that glowering Eye comes to mind first; but the imposing armored giant sweeping away countless warrior foes with his mace is also an indelible visual, and a truly awe-inspiring way to begin the film trilogy.

I think when speaking in terms of power, Sauron is well above all others (2-3rd age). He (himself) created all the rings, and even instructed (but not touched) in crafting of the eleven rings which is why the elves can wear them. As long as Sauron is not wearing his. All 3 Wizards are almost deathly afraid of him, and one joined him to save himself. There were truly great elves that stood out even among elves, but even they are not like Sauron.

Great statue, I may have to flex this one once all my points rack up.

Hi all I have my sauron on order can some put theres next to a standard pf
Characters for a comparison
Thanks

Does anyone bother to look at the last few pages?

:goodpost: :lecture :exactly: :slap

Gandalf facing off against Sauron

te7yneta.jpg
gasa4asu.jpg

And how my little computer area looks :cool:
8ugevyba.jpg

I did see one shot from Custo where he was next to a few other PFs a few pages back. It was small and maybe you missed it. Here it is full size.
attachment.php

Please Josh, post great quality pics as soon as you can to help me to appreciate this statue much more... Not impressed by the paint job by now.

If you're not impressed yet then nothing will

Back