Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious what people's thoughts are on this style of base vs the maquette style of base. They used this natural sort of bass for the dioramas. I go back and forth but think I actually prefer this to a round standard base.

I like the typical round base a lot but I do really like how Sauron was done. It's nice to see something different.

Wow, looks great. Fingers crossed the production pieces end up looking like that.

I'm sure they will and if I don't like the paint I will reprint. Metallic paint is easy. Either way it will be awesome!

I'm sure they will and if I don't like the paint I will reprint. Metallic paint is easy. Either way it will be awesome!

True Metallic is easier but at almost 1k... Not worth it.
I'd rather buy a kit and put it together myself at a lesser cost.

I do hope this turns out great, either Sauron or Galactus will end up as my last large, overly expensive piece.

For me It's worth it for Sauron and none else. It would be a labor of love

I fear this is getting delayed :( I thought by now we would have a 30 day arrival notice

I fear this is getting delayed :( I thought by now we would have a 30 day arrival notice

Well, it does say July, so we still have 2 weeks for a 30 day notice if it is still on time. I never got a reply to my thread over in ask SS, so I don't think it will be on time either, but we can hope.

The original Sideshow Weta Sauron overan by 18 months! Well worth the wait though as I am sure this one will be for those getting one :duff. Not me though, the SSW piece is and always will be one of the BIG grails.

The original Sideshow Weta Sauron overan by 18 months! Well worth the wait though as I am sure this one will be for those getting one :duff. Not me though, the SSW piece is and always will be one of the BIG grails.

Yes, it did. Felt like it took forever but was worth the wait.

The Weta Sauron was one of the most exciting pre-orders for me. At the time he was really pushing the envelope in terms of size for a statue. It was always fun getting the updates and seeing him progress.

The good ol' days of collecting.:duff

Yeah, I remember waiting to see what they would for ROTK and seeing the giant list of items. It wasn't everything they ended up doing but it was several items all at once.

I had been looking at the SSW piece before I ordered the PF. I still may pick it up just to see how nice it is in person, but I am curious how they will look by one another If I keep them both. Anyone out there that has a SSW one and this on preorder that could take some pics when the new one arrives?

I had been looking at the SSW piece before I ordered the PF. I still may pick it up just to see how nice it is in person, but I am curious how they will look by one another If I keep them both. Anyone out there that has a SSW one and this on preorder that could take some pics when the new one arrives?

I have seen them both in person and the Sauron pf makes the ssw Sauron look like an action figure

My last scheduled flex was taken, now the wait for the final one, whenever that will be.

I did not get a reply to my thread asking SS for info about this, not sure why, but the waiting game continues...

Yeah...I can't shake the feeling this one is going to be significantly delayed. I say "significantly delayed" because whenever I am really looking forward to a piece, SS always seems to delay the hell out of it. :lol

I predict a fairly significant delay aswell...in fact,I wouldn't even bet on him shipping before September/October or maybe even before the end of the year?? For two main reasons really:

1. SS putting the longer FP plan back on the order page.

I don't think they would do this if they thought the production model was close to shipping....even if they hadn't sold that many so far(which I doubt,even non-LOTR fans were ordering this piece when they first put it up for pre-order).Also,they never did this with the DR and that was only $100 cheaper than Sauron,and once it started shipping it sold out in a very short amount of time...so they're probably fairly confident that Sauron will follow suit.If they nail him like they did the DR,this could be one of the most popular PF's that will probably ever be made for any license.

2. That "pending approval" notice on the order page.

It can't be that someone has just "forgotten" to take it down...how long has it been on there for???!! I think someone would have cottoned-on by now :stick :slap

My two cents anyway :wink1:

Back