Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why the hurry to sell your Talon if you weren't ready to get Sauron? Only reason I ask is because the Darth Talon is only climbing in value. You could have asked way more and waited for someone to bite scoring you more money if you were going to wait.

For me flexing an item goes by the wife much better than a one time payment. :dunno

Honestly, because I wanted to gather a good chunk of Sauron's price. I didn't want to just pay the NRD and have none of the rest of the money in place.

As long as I could gather about 70% of his cost, and have it available, I'm good. Plus, I love the PF of Talon, but I have no attachment to the character. I'm also going to be selling my Aayla Secura PF (just like I sold my Darth Maul and Aurra Sing last month).

Honestly, because I wanted to gather a good chunk of Sauron's price. I didn't want to just pay the NRD and have none of the rest of the money in place.

As long as I could gather about 70% of his cost, and have it available, I'm good. Plus, I love the PF of Talon, but I have no attachment to the character. I'm also going to be selling my Aayla Secura PF (just like I sold my Darth Maul and Aurra Sing last month).

I agree with your choice. Its better to sell it now and have the money ready in my opinion. Rather than scrambling to sell it later once Sauron starts shipping.

Sent from my HTC One

I agree with your choice. Its better to sell it now and have the money ready in my opinion. Rather than scrambling to sell it later once Sauron starts shipping.

Sent from my HTC One

Yes, exactly! I know I didn't really explain myself very well, but basically what you just said was kind of my original thought process in selling her now, but still opting for a Flex option.

Plus, I can pretty much guarantee I won't stick to the 8 payment plan and wait that long. It's more of a stress reliever for me to opt for the smaller payments and pay him off early, than to lock myself into $240.00 payments that may be a struggle.

Especially if he comes in July. That for me, is a bad month because of SDCC pre-orders, my license plate renewals come due, etc. :lol

Especially if he comes in July. That for me, is a bad month because of SDCC pre-orders, my license plate renewals come due, etc. :lol

I really can't see him coming in July,I think it will end up being more August/September or even later...just a gut feeling.

Also,the DR was delayed quite a bit and if you look at Sauron's product page,they still haven't taken that "licensor approval" thing down either.

Definitely think he will be later on this year...could be wrong though (wouldn't be the first time :wink1:)

Just got that gut feeling that this might just be the best or one of the best PF's that SS has ever done!

I really can't see him coming in July,I think it will end up being more August/September or even later...just a gut feeling.

Also,the DR was delayed quite a bit and if you look at Sauron's product page,they still haven't taken that "licensor approval" thing down either.

Definitely think he will be later on this year...could be wrong though (wouldn't be the first time :wink1:)

I'm kind of confused that licensor approval is still up. If he's really coming out in July (or August, or Sept) that would mean he's been in production for a while now. Doesn't the licensor have to approve the piece before it goes into production?

I'm kind of confused that licensor approval is still up. If he's really coming out in July (or August, or Sept) that would mean he's been in production for a while now. Doesn't the licensor have to approve the piece before it goes into production?

I know, we should start a thread about it in "ask Sideshow" to get an update.

Maybe it means SS will have to hold this one to a higher standard. No cutting corners. 100% spectacular or fail.

I also commented on this....I think this piece is going to be delayed. In manufacturing you do not want to move into the production phase without obtaining the necessary approvals. There would be additional labor and material costs that the manufacturer would be forced to absorb if they were forced to re-do a portion of their production run.

Hopefully I am wrong, and Sideshow has secured the licencor approval and have simply not updated their website.

Hopefully I am wrong, and Sideshow has secured the licencor approval and have simply not updated their website.

This is most likely the case knowing them. I'm assuming the licence issue must be from Jerry Vanderstelt since it's his version of the image they are using and since sideshow bump his paintings on their own site I can't see there being an issue.

Just my guess. I can't see it being anything to do with LOTR since they've been pumping out product for years.

This is most likely the case knowing them. I'm assuming the licence issue must be from Jerry Vanderstelt since it's his version of the image they are using and since sideshow bump his paintings on their own site I can't see there being an issue.

Just my guess. I can't see it being anything to do with LOTR since they've been pumping out product for years.

I just made a new "ask SS" thread over in that section and asked what was going on so hopefully they can give us an update.

Does anyone know if this will be all in one piece or will it come in sections. I know the base will probably be separate, but will the rest of it be all one piece?

I'm just trying to figure how big the box will be.

Does anyone know if this will be all in one piece or will it come in sections. I know the base will probably be separate, but will the rest of it be all one piece?

If I get a reply from SS about current status I will add that to the thread to ask them about. Hopefully it is not just one massive piece as shipping will be much higher for most, moreso for international collectors

Nobody knows since he has not been released.

My educated guess would be many pieces. The base, his main body, his head, maybe even separate pieces for the shoulder plates, his mace, and there may even be separate pieces on the base like the sword handles, skulls, etc.

It will be a big Box either way. But if it didn't come in sections and main body is only one piece the box has to be as big as a cine maquette box. My money it that sauron is at least 5 pieces, head, two arms, mid-section and lower section Plus the base and his mace. Remember he is a 3 ft statue. The box would have to be insanely big if it one piece body

Last edited:
It will be a big Bo either way. But if it didn't come in sections and main body is only one piece the box has to be as big as a cine maquette box. My money it that sauron is at least 5 pieces, head, two arms, mid-section and lower section Plus the base and his mace. Remember he is a 3 ft statue. The box would have to be insanely big if it one piece body

If it's 3ft including the base the body could easily fit inside a box the size of the DR (which admittedly is a massive box) with the head and base a separate add on.

A bit like the DR box. Two separate layers of foam.

Back