Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still looking at Barad-Dur at 699 and most of us thought it was going to be less...This piece most thought was going to be more than 1000 and it was less A 20 inch piece vs a massive 36 inch piece...love them both though

Last edited:
The one thing Barad-dur has is strict L/E of 1000 although I wish it was 500...I'm hoping that the first batch of Barad-durs due in Dec are at least 500 that were sold and not 100 or 250...There is no way however that this SS Sauron at its current price will have ES of 9500 like the old SSW piece....I'm hoping that SS will eventually put an ES on this 1000 to 2000....I think they will...I hope...If it's something like 5000 es this will be available for a very long time...I just do not believe it will be that high ES....I also believe once the SS Sauron is in hand for pictures that folks will be scrambling to get one after seeing how awesome it is...I hope...LOL

Last edited:
If the old SSW Sauron had an ES of say 2000 or less it would be 1000 dollar Secondary market piece easily...I think more folks are definitely trying to get the SSW now that the 900 SS PF price is revealled

Last edited:
Do we know that SSW actually made 9500 of those Sauron pieces? I ask because its not like they are common as air on eBay. In fact most of the older pieces are pretty darn uncommon on the secondary market?

just because it's written on the base, doesn't make it true. 10,000 of such a large statue is pretty crazy when you think about it.

look at the registry...the numbers go up high...even the Morgul Lord had 9500 es...registry goes up high too...kinda confirms it...high ES

Yeah, I'd imagine they all got produced which is why the secondary value is still low compared to other pieces in the line.

Sure, it's a really cool statue so a lot of people probably just keep so there's not that many available.

I still don't think the math adds up. Are there really THAT many people that are keeping this piece almost a decade later to make it such the original Sauron isn't exactly common on the secondary market. But the registry would seem to suggest they did make the full 9.5k. I wonder how many broke?

I still don't think the math adds up. Are there really THAT many people that are keeping this piece almost a decade later to make it such the original Sauron isn't exactly common on the secondary market. But the registry would seem to suggest they did make the full 9.5k. I wonder how many broke?

This is an awesome piece worthy of any living room....Looks + size alone...He is also the actual Lord of the Ring

look at the registry...the numbers go up high...even the Morgul Lord had 9500 es...registry goes up high too...kinda confirms it...high ES

As opposed to the Legolas and Gimli on Arod statue, where you see the highest registered number is 2288 with an adverised ES of 5000. Or the Battletroll: Advertised ES of 5500, highest registered number 2955. Those runs were probably never completed. But looking at the registry, I'd say Adolfo is right about Sauron.

The original ssw line had allot to offer at a good price. I still think my original morgal lord is awrsome and way cooler than the pf. I have sold allot over the years but some of those were really great

The original ssw line had allot to offer at a good price. I still think my original morgal lord is awrsome and way cooler than the pf. I have sold allot over the years but some of those were really great

I agree...plus the SSW LOTR line got many into this hobby...That alone shows me how great that line was and perhaps will be one of the greatest statue lines ever produced...just look at the number different items they had for sale in regards to LOTR...incredible!

I agree...plus the SSW LOTR line got many into this hobby...That alone shows me how great that line was and perhaps will be one of the greatest statue lines ever produced...just look at the number different items they had for sale in regards to LOTR...incredible!

:exactly:

I really wanted to invest on the pf line but there is so few characters after several years that I'm frustrated

:exactly:

I really wanted to invest on the pf line but there is so few characters after several years that I'm frustrated

me too...I'm actually going to sell most of my PF line soon but keeping the 4 Orc Exclusives though...My SSW statues would be the last ones sold because of what they mean to me...many had not perfect facial likenesses to the film Characters but they were still very special...The thin map base they used still to this day is an original thing of beauty

I have to agree with a few other posters. I still think the statue has an effeminate look. I think it is a combination of factors. He seems a bit on the skinny side for starters. The left leg pose adds to that feminine feel. Also from the pictures the way the robes hang it actually makes him look like he is broader in the hips than in the shoulders, excluding the spikes. Gives a somewhat pear shaped look.

I know many don't agree but those are my thoughts.

I like the full sculpt maquette line better as a whole so I will hopefully wait and get a more masculine Sauron in that line!

Back