Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which you get if they had the same size?

300124_press01-001-1.jpg

you all,put your vote too :duff

Personally if they were both 1/4 scale, I would go with the SSW version without any hesitation.

the shoulders of sauron,in the movie change the angle in diferents moments

When's he's in mount doom it doesn't even look like there are any spikes.

PS. The SSW version is correct because it was made by the same people that made the movie. :monkey3

Personally I think the new one from SS is better than the SS/Weta. Alot more detail which is to be expected being a larger scale. But either piece would look well in anyone's collection.

Well surely it helps if you're the company who designed and made the character? And has the costume in-house to draw upon.

It's not like there's not a lot of reference material sideshow could have used..... I blame it all on the guy who did the art work....since SS just copied that....

I just hope it looks better in hand like the witch king ended up being... the Weta version just characterizes the word menacing... . Sideshow's take looks like a kid in a costume...... :dunno

It's not like there's not a lot of reference material sideshow could have used..... I blame it all on the guy who did the art work....since SS just copied that....

I just hope it looks better in hand like the witch king ended up being... the Weta version just characterizes the word menacing... . Sideshow's take looks like a kid in a costume...... :dunno

Jerry's artwork is phenomenal! So Sideshow was smart in copying the amazing work done by him.

This version is every bit the meaning of menacing. :lecture

Well i've just had a nice unexpected bonus come through at work for good end of year results, which covers Barad-Dur from Weta, so I will indeed be able to swing Sauron as well after all! :yess:

Always wanted to get this and have Jerry's art framed behind it. Can't wait. Middle-earth collection centrepiece = sorted.

Well i've just had a nice unexpected bonus come through at work for good end of year results, which covers Barad-Dur from Weta, so I will indeed be able to swing Sauron as well after all! :yess:

Always wanted to get this and have Jerry's art framed behind it. Can't wait. Middle-earth collection centrepiece = sorted.

Nice :hi5::hi5:

Thanks Josh! :hi5: So happy I can get both. Both are must-haves for me, so i'm sure I could have got my hands on Sauron sooner or later, but I want this bad boy sooner. :lol

Saying that, I haven't actually pre-ordered Sauron yet, purely because I will save up on my own each month and do my own flex-pay instead of giving it to SS each month. But that's just how I personally prefer to do it. :)

And with regards to pose and paint etc... I personally love the pose. I don't get the effeminate thing at all. I think it's a bad-ass pose. Even The leg. :wink1:

I must admit i'm still not 100% on the orange paint, but if it works, then :rock

Jerry's artwork is phenomenal! So Sideshow was smart in copying the amazing work done by him.

This version is every bit the meaning of menacing. :lecture

Well josh, I'm sure you're aware that your opinion on sideshow or anything related to them is taken with many grains of salt.... and I'm talking truck loads of it....... :duff

Thanks Josh! :hi5: So happy I can get both. Both are must-haves for me, so i'm sure I could have got my hands on Sauron sooner or later, but I want this bad boy sooner. :lol

Saying that, I haven't actually pre-ordered Sauron yet, purely because I will save up on my own each month and do my own flex-pay instead of giving it to SS each month. But that's just how I personally prefer to do it. :)

And with regards to pose and paint etc... I personally love the pose. I don't get the effeminate thing at all. I think it's a bad-ass pose. Even The leg. :wink1:

I must admit i'm still not 100% on the orange paint, but if it works, then :rock

I hear ya. Thank goodness for FP it will allow me to swing both.

Well josh, I'm sure you're aware that your opinion on sideshow or anything related to them is taken with many grains of salt.... and I'm talking truck loads of it....... :duff

That's fine. :peace

I thought this would come in at $1000, so it's a bit less than I expected. I think the pose is just fine. I am not personally interested in this piece, but if I was I would wait to see some in-hand pictures because I am a little wary of that orange paint. I understand what they are going for, but if the crew in China don't do it just right, it could be a potential problem.

I prefer the base on the new one, by far.

The sideshow weta version is 10x better. The 1/4 piece just looks awkward not to mention the horrendous yellow glow on the base.

I agree the Weta version is better. To be fair, I think the yellow glow on the 1/4 is just the lighting reflecting off of it. I doubt it really is yellow, just like the leg and the lower edge of the mace.

I think this piece is far too expensive, and I agree with others who have said it should be $625-650 tops.

This is the one character I have been waiting for from the LOTR that I would consider getting,other than Gandalf the white (who I don't have since I think he came out before I started.) because he was so great in the movie, however I don't like him enough to buy for $900. Maybe at $350 I would consider it.

Its sad or telling that 650 wasn't even in the discussion really. People were pricing this as high as 2k IIRC. I think 900 is fair. But really think about that, imagine all the things you would totally gripe about that cost 900 dollars: a molar crown, 4 new tires, an average 45 day electric bill in the Phoenix summer - all things I totally find crazy to spend THAT MUCH money on. 900 bucks for a statue, yeah that's cool.

This collecting hobby is all luxury of course! Consider yourself very, very lucky and blessed to be able to stay alive and still fill up your display cabinets with collector statues. Sometimes I would cut back on what I would normally spend on items such as food, clothing, entertainment just so I could put it towards a statue! Wish they could make some of the parts edible just in case I starve! :rotfl

Back