Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sauron impressed me so much. It's a great piece and IMO one of the best sideshow has ever done. It will be worth the money without a doubt.

I'm happy with the Weta statue. At least it fits in the scale of the 1/4 scale stuff and allows me to display him easier with the others all lined up.

Also, is it just me, or does the neck seem a little long?

I really don't like this PF at all. Shame as I love LOTR. I think they messed up with Sauron.

Guess the Dark Rider of Mordor will be the LOTR center piece.

You know how they have done/been doing the LOTR characters in PF, and then they have also been doing the LOTR characters in the maquette line, then is it not possible we might get a Sauron maquette some day as well?

So now that we've seen the Sauron PF, which one is better? The SSW maquette or the SS PF? To the proud owners of the SSW maquette, are you still keen on getting the PF? And to those who doesn't have the SSW maquette, are you getting the PF instead? Please let me know your thoughts. :)
url

imgres

sideshow_sauron.jpg

Both are fantastic. Obviously, some will choose one and some will choose the other. This piece flat out turned out great in really every possible way. Just a pure awesomeness! :rock

If I had my SSW piece still I'd still find a way to get this as well. Both are that impressive.

I think both are great. Better pose on the weta but better details on the PF and probably bigger so higher price. PF is harder to place it because of the size. Price will be the tie breaker.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

So now that we've seen the Sauron PF, which one is better? The SSW maquette or the SS PF? To the proud owners of the SSW maquette, are you still keen on getting the PF? And to those who doesn't have the SSW maquette, are you getting the PF instead? Please let me know your thoughts. :)
url

imgres

sideshow_sauron.jpg

The SS version is nice looking, great sculpt, the base is cool but his pose, and the way he is standing says fem all the way, that left leg is not a pose of power, sadly. It looks "staged" per say, this is something that I could not see the character Sauron doing. It looks goofy IMHO and for the HUGE price tag the SSW version will do me just fine............

I've got the SSW statue, the Dark Rider of Mordor PF Ex, the Ringwraith MQ Ex and Twilight WK MQ Ex are on order and I plan on getting Barad-dur. I guess that'll do me for now.

I'm still on the fence with this. Not 100% on the pose...definitely needs some weathering. Just doesn't seem quite as iconic as good ole chicken legs. Still glad I have that Weta one...I guess I have more time to decide. I think it could look really great posed with the RWOS PF...Hmmm...

Back