Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4544.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4542.jpg

Thanks! This piece is amazing and on a short list of must have LOTR items. Some of the hate it gets its is silly and people not being objective on just how good a piece this is.

Tough call here. Think this might be one of those that look a lot better in person then pics... but the pose isn't my thing. :peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pictures Josh. I like the detailing on the shield:clap
Agreed, looks great. Ol' Sauron is taking a lot of undeserved guff, I think.

Custo: Your new banner is hilarious. I used to get a chuckle from your avatar, but this just takes it to the next level.

Agreed, looks great. Ol' Sauron is taking a lot of undeserved guff, I think.

Custo: Your new banner is hilarious. I used to get a chuckle from your avatar, but this just takes it to the next level.

:peace:peace

Tough call here. Think this might be one of those that look a lot better in person then pics... but the pose isn't my thing.

For me, a lot is running on the price of it. If it's too high, I'll just have to pass on it.

It looks really good, the only thing that sorta bothers me is the neck length.

So when you see it in person does the armor look like real metal? In some pictures it almost has a plastic look/feel to it.

It looks really good, the only thing that sorta bothers me is the neck length.

I agree, it looks nice but (luckily) I do not feel an urge to upgrade my SSW Sauron which in a way is good because now I can use the money for something else. Regarding the neck I hope that the head is just not pushed all the way down but you'd think that the Sideshow guys would have noticed that and fixed it at the Con. Hopefully it gets adjusted for the production piece, otherwise it seems that in addition to old 'chicken leg' Sauron we now also get 'turkey neck' Sauron. :D

Really looks like the neck is on a PEG or something...that and the head just seems a little out of proportion...especially in SIDE views. I agree, that head-on, the piece looks good, but at certain angles, the piece loses a lot of luster.

Unless the price is ridiculous I'm getting this, only hoping the ex will be a print or something like the recent Batman ex so I can get it from a EU retailer.

So now that we've seen the Sauron PF, which one is better? The SSW maquette or the SS PF? To the proud owners of the SSW maquette, are you still keen on getting the PF? And to those who doesn't have the SSW maquette, are you getting the PF instead? Please let me know your thoughts. :)
url

imgres

sideshow_sauron.jpg
Just right after I saw first bunch of good&clear pics of this upcoming LSF/PFF from SSC, I immediately bought SSC-Weta version off ebay. Pose-size-wise it's light years better for me.
Though this new one looks great too, but the pose is just OK, not quintessential for this character IMO & it will eat way too much space because of the base. I'm not that kind of a hardcore LoTR fan to give one piece so much space.
Height of the SSC-Weta is better for me too, because I prefer size of a regular 1:4/1:3 scale (max) pieces & Sauron in 1/6 scale (SSC-Weta piece is in 1/6 scale) fits right in with it's 24" height.
Plus from attention to the details/sculpt point of view SSC-Weta variant is absolutely mind-blowing piece.

Okay, I'm going to go as far as to say that Josh's photos have actually changed my mind completley about the armor. It doesn't look as plastic as I thought.
And the numenorian sheild on the base is sweet :yess:

Thanks! Its an amazing piece. I don't think you can go wrong if you decide to get this The only things I think that need to really be worked on is it needs a bit more dirt/grit added to the armor and the spikes on the shoulders need to be pointing up a bit more. Other than that sign me up.

More pics courtesy of thx217, to piggyback on Josh's pics. It's gonna come down to price for me since I can get the Weta version so much cheaper. This is a bad ass piece though.

047ae736.jpg

c1604b8f.jpg

e5a66dd7.jpg

64f83e37.jpg

815a955e.jpg

d2828b37.jpg

12caee76.jpg

bdbf70d9.jpg

Back