Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I am very excited to see how the Saruman PF shapes up...he's one of my most-wanted...and will likely be my first baddie! :rock :rock :rock

...Oh, and I'm also curious to see how the Sauron figure shapes up, although I think it will be out of my price range I'm afraid. :monkey1
yep you pretty much took the words outta my mouth there :lol
The Palantir is pretty essential to Saruman, but I think the pose where he is atop Orthanc and conjuring the storms to waylay the Fellowship from crossing Caradhras would be pretty cool, too.
I think that would make for a very interesting display and different from the expected brooding kind of set up
Here you go. :)
thanks Woodsy! :hi5:
Agreed. I can't imagine SS producing a Saruman PF without a light-up Palantir. :nono

agreed! he doesn't have to hold it (maybe on its pedestal) but one way or another it has to come with Saruman.

Here you go. :)

Answer : Yup. Saruman and Sauron have just officially graduated from the candidate list to the confirmed, planned, product line-up for 2012. We’ll be collaborating with Jerry Vanderstelt on Sauron, who may or may not end up “officially” in the PF classification, but will be BIG.

This news make me so... very... happy... :monkey2

Me, too.
I would be really happy about a Sauron and a big one is better than a small one, or?^^

Sort of like this?

sauronGAMESWORKSHOP-cb57565.gif

Heck...they could even do an Isildur accompaniment like they did with the Ringwraiths Dio and Frodo.
Geb

Exactly! That's pretty much what I described. An Isildur would be amazing display at Sauron's feet. (with shards of Narsil...)

I can't speak for the rest of the pose, but it doesn't appear as though you're going to get you're wish concerning the positioning of the mace....at least not if Jerry's artwork is true to the actual statue.

Stease4.jpg

Ah well, That looks surprisingly similar to the SS/Weta piece, at least in that angle.

Pics coming soon, Woods ; )

JV

Looking forward to seeing those pics!

The pictures will decide many things for folks I imagine; yays :yess: or nays :gah:

JV

The pictures will decide many things for folks I imagine; yays :yess: or nays :gah:

JV

There's is no substitute for the real thing, but there's no doubt the pic's will give us an idea as to the composition/pose SS has chosen.

I'm in at worst I flex pay this thing.:rock

I hope it doesn't come to that for most collectors.....flex pay that is. I can't really say I'm in or out at the moment...at least not until I see the actual image. Though I have to say the idea of having this PF and displaying it with Jerry's canvas giclee as a backdrop more than likely will make any resistance futile......

If its Optimus Prime price range which I don't think will happen then I might be out even with Flex but I'm in otherwise. Not having the SSW Sauron anymore, the size/detail this will have, and having Jerry's print all makes this a winner.

If its Optimus Prime price range which I don't think will happen then I might be out even with Flex but I'm in otherwise. Not having the SSW Sauron anymore, the size/detail this will have, and having Jerry's print all makes this a winner.

Yeah, no doubt Optimus was expensive, I imagine it consisting of over 400 separate pieces probably has alot to do with that. :horror There's no doubt though, given it's sheer size and Jerry's attachment to the project it certainly has the potential to be the ultimate Sauron statue.

Yeah, no doubt Optimus was expensive, I imagine it consisting of over 400 separate pieces probably has alot to do with that. :horror There's no doubt though, given it's sheer size and Jerry's attachment to the project it certainly has the potential to be the ultimate Sauron statue.

Yeah, seeing Optimus at Comic-Con last year I was afraid he's be too much. :( Agreed this will be the ultimate Sauron and is a must for me personally.

Yeah, seeing Optimus at Comic-Con last year I was afraid he's be too much. :( Agreed this will be the ultimate Sauron and is a must for me personally.

All I can say is thankfully, from the sound of things, we won't have to wait long to see this.....:)

Ok, I am going to really have to think about this one. On one hand, it would be a center piece. But, I was leaning towards only collecting the new statue / maquette line.

Plus, I am getting the 1/3 Joker from Bobby C and I wanted that to be the "center piece" of my collection.

But, I do like the idea of a GTG p.f. , Sauron p.f, and the RWoS p.f.

If I knew for sure that a Gandalf on Shadowfax p.f. was coming out, I'd definitely get all of them.

Ok, I am going to really have to think about this one.On one hand, it would be a center piece. But, I was leaning towards only collecting the new statue / maquette line.

Plus, I am getting the 1/3 Joker from Bobby C and I wanted that to be the "center piece" of my collection.

But, I do like the idea of a GTG p.f. , Sauron p.f, and the RWoS p.f.

If I knew for sure that a Gandalf on Shadowfax p.f. was coming out, I'd definitely get all of them.

Fortunately, you're going to have plenty of time to think about it. We may see a glimpse of Sauron shortly via Jerry's artwork, but we're a minimum of 8 month's away from getting a Sauron PF pre-order.

Back