Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly as bad as I have gotten treated by them I am not sure I would care at this point. Their customer service is a joke.

While I've never had a QC issue with a statue I've bought from them, I've dealt with their CS several times regarding payments, weta dollars and various little things and they've always been quick to respond and helpful. Every company has their horror stories. Sucks you've been burned by them.

While I've never had a QC issue with a statue I've bought from them, I've dealt with their CS several times regarding payments, weta dollars and various little things and they've always been quick to respond and helpful. Every company has their horror stories. Sucks you've been burned by them.

Seems like every item recently has a major issue or they screw up the order before I even get it. Broken statues, obviously repaired return statue they sent me, or not even sending my orders at all, etc....Then every time I have an issue it gets 10x worse when they "try" to fix it. Currently waiting on them right now for the most recent screw up.

I had a little time to take some shots.

DSC_0535.jpg

DSC_0536.jpg

DSC_0547.jpg

DSC_0548.jpg

Why they made a Lurtz who had around 15 minutes screen time over three films as opposed to a main fellowship member is beyond me.

Lurtz and the Urak Hai Berserker can be almost justified but the Moria Orc and The Black Orc Scout are waste of space and money (except on the SS bankaccount) ................ why oh why when there is no Boromir, Gimli, Arwen, Eowyn, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Eomer, Theoden? Sideshow went all in on orc's and that's just sad.

But bad guys sells and SS knows that.

Technically no, they just confirmed the Hobbit line was dead, but I think it is safe assumption at this point. Apart from the upcoming custom 1/4 cave troll, not sure if we will be seeing another 1/4. Weta has a screw loose and thinks people want smaller pieces so I don't think they will be in the mix either.

they do not have the license anymore, haven't for some time. It was never a big time seller to begin with.

Lurtz and the Urak Hai Berserker can be almost justified but the Moria Orc and The Black Orc Scout are waste of space and money (except on the SS bankaccount) ................ why oh why when there is no Boromir, Gimli, Arwen, Eowyn, Sam, Merry, Pippin, Eomer, Theoden? Sideshow went all in on orc's and that's just sad.

But bad guys sells and SS knows that.
Really? "almost" justified? Those are 2 of the best pieces SS has ever done. The others orcs are better than most also. They were not "main" characters, but they do represent entire groups. SS seems to have a harder time with likenesses of real actors than creatures anyway. Plus, we were never going to see PFs of all those characters, SS never finishes a line. Even weta is just now getting to a decent Eowyn.

they do not have the license anymore, haven't for some time. It was never a big time seller to begin with.

How do you know? They never said that I am aware of, just that the Hobbit license was gone. 1-2K per PF is a good seller in my book, and many of those were back when 2K edition size was HUGE. These days it seems small, but they would still put money in SS pockets if they were to do more. They need to go back to their roots somewhat, I think the past few years has really turned a lot of people off to them.

Hi. Just a question. I have the Fellowship maquettes in 1/6 and I'm wondering if this would work w that or is there a 1/6 sauron?

Hi. Just a question. I have the Fellowship maquettes in 1/6 and I'm wondering if this would work w that or is there a 1/6 sauron?

Weta (Sideshow/Weta) made a very cool 1/6 back around 2004 or 2005 (wish I still had mine). There's usually a couple on e-bay. The PF itself wouldn't be problem IMO, (Sauron should be big and imposing) but the skulls and helms on the base would be too big and be a giveaway that the scale is off.

Weta (Sideshow/Weta) made a very cool 1/6 back around 2004 or 2005 (wish I still had mine). There's usually a couple on e-bay. The PF itself wouldn't be problem IMO, (Sauron should be big and imposing) but the skulls and helms on the base would be too big and be a giveaway that the scale is off.

Thanks! Will definitely look into that.

Back