Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the glow at least from th epictures I've seen (never seen this in hand). But it would definitely help if the base had a light up feature in those small cracks in the earth, or if they were at least painted more distinctly to look like that's where the source light was coming from.

The base is where I can see some issues. Maybe a little less on the base would have been better. The way the Sauron came out though for me is just ****ing awesome! :rock

Great stuff Bill. I just love this piece. :rock

Thanks buddy, it was a pleasure.

I like the glow at least from th epictures I've seen (never seen this in hand). But it would definitely help if the base had a light up feature in those small cracks in the earth, or if they were at least painted more distinctly to look like that's where the source light was coming from.

Yeah I like the idea of a light up base.

The base is where I can see some issues. Maybe a little less on the base would have been better. The way the Sauron came out though for me is just ****ing awesome! :rock

Yeah, the base needs some work, however considering what he cost, I don't think I'll do anything with it.

Received my Sauron last week and the condition of the package, replaced my exitement with worries! The shipper was wet and looked terrible.
Think it didn`t get any real hard pounding, since the statue itself was in mint condition. The inner box was dry thanks to the plastic!

20140704_160018.jpg20140704_160106.jpg

Anyway i dont like the plastic look of the armor. Want to repaint it. Loved how Rafael`s repainted looked. It must be fantastic in person!
How many in here has repainted it? Also want to replace the chainmail with real one, but afraid of damaging him. Anyone in here who did replace it?

I see at least 2 labels on that, how many times was it shipped? The brown mailers can get pretty beat up if they are used over and over. I got an Alien Maquette that was not that bad, but same damage to the bottom and lucky mine was perfect also, but I was thinking it would be in pieces when I first saw it.

The box my Weta Chronicles book came in was beat up. The book had a small sing but was fine so sometimes even one shipping they don't last long. :lol

*i got an unsigned one to take to SDCC with me.

The box my Weta Chronicles book came in was beat up. The book had a small sing but was fine so sometimes even one shipping they don't last long. :lol

*i got an unsigned one to take to SDCC with me.
True, mistreat it enough and it can look like that after one trip. As with the Maquette I referenced, Sauron is also a floater which is not as strong against that kind of damage. There is not much reinforcement over ever inch like the tight sleeve style boxes SS usually uses.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to risk Sauron because of just that. He's fragile and can take far less of a beating. It's why it is nice the material that SS used instead of straight poly all over.

I see at least 2 labels on that, how many times was it shipped? The brown mailers can get pretty beat up if they are used over and over. I got an Alien Maquette that was not that bad, but same damage to the bottom and lucky mine was perfect also, but I was thinking it would be in pieces when I first saw it.

It was shipped from sideshow with fairly less destinations before its arrival, than what it can be on this route. About four checkpoints. The 2 labels are from the original fedex label and one norwegian.
The watermark can clearly be seen in the 1 picture. It`s like someone just left it in a puddle. :gah:
I am always like a kid on christmas when getting packages from sideshow, but this time just hoped it was in one piece.

Oh yes! Straight away, not a scratch! Think i will leave him as is, since i don`t dare to risk anything on mods.

My Sauron has been buried in the back of my closet for over 2 months. I want to free him but it requires soooooooo much moving around.

Back