Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get sick of it so soon, epitaph?

I had to put my Sauron in storage while my mother in law is in town... I was terrified she would touch it and break it since she's sort of delirious. Had to put away most of my stuff, but putting Sauron in the box hurt the most.

I still find myself looking at this guy and almost pulling the trigger! The excellent repaints aren't helping my restraint. So much on atm...

Finally got around to posting some picks of Sauron.

Here's a couple from my office right after unpacking him a couple weeks ago:

IMAG0421-sm.JPG
IMAG0420-sm.JPG

I was going through some pics of my collection over the years and came across this:

-2006-

IMG_0174-sm.JPG

It's kind of funny how my current set up ended up coincidentally mirroring it.

-2014-

IMAG0447-sm.JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff! Love this statue. :rock

Yeah the Sauron PF really does kick major @$$! My wife has been pissed ever since I sold my Lurtz Ex back in 2009. Every new statue since then I've asked her if she likes it more than Lurtz and the answer has always been no - well, she finally changed her answer.:yess::lol

I've gone back through this thread a bit and looked at some of my first impressions and criticism of the paint and I definitely stand corrected. The effect works very well for the dim lighting in my dungeon - it really does appear to have an eerie glow to it. Between the menacing size & awesome detail of Sauron and the excellent base (which is a masterpiece on it's own) this is The Most impressive LOTR Piece yet IMO!

I don't mind the orange too much, my main worry would be the silver looking plasticy, what do people think who have it? Does it look cheapish or Awesome?

He is a beautiful statue! I just have too much on order, and pending PO's in the future to have the funds for this guy! I will just enjoy him through everyone else.

SS made the ES way to big. Should have been 500-750 at most. Although at least it isn't open edition.

Last edited:
most still forget this was an LSF at first, so.....could've been a lot more and been open ES. It will sell out eventually, then rise in value. There will prolly never be another Sauron from SS.

I agree that this is the only SS Sauron we will see in a looooooong time. Maybe not until they redo the movies in 30yrs. Now if it were to have been open edition I would have passed. OE is the bane of collecting to me. Passed on Galactus because of freaking OE.

If a statue can't sell out in at least a year, they made to many. One thing is it doesn't force SS to make new product. If an item sells poorly then you'll see less or no effort in that franchise.

most still forget this was an LSF at first, so.....could've been a lot more and been open ES. It will sell out eventually, then rise in value. There will prolly never be another Sauron from SS.

That's something people forget. This is basically a LSF just labeled as a PF, which means it being limited and priced the way it was a nice deal for all of us.

If a statue can't sell out in at least a year, they made to many. One thing is it doesn't force SS to make new product. If an item sells poorly then you'll see less or no effort in that franchise.

I don't agree with that. There have been plenty of statues in the years I've been collecting that didn't sell out right away and then went on to be worth more than the items SRP.

But did any takeover a year? This is Sauron. The bad guy in a popular franchise. Maybe the price and the orange paint turned many buyers off. I really like mine and it sure is an attention getter in a collection.

Back