Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the glow effect. Mine is a little overdone, definitely got one of the heavier orange paint jobs, but I agree Stingray that it looks a bit off without it. The glow gives the piece added depth. While it looks fine on those who have it removed, to me it just serves to dull the statue a bit. But I understand people not liking it. The mace shadow on base analogy is not one I agree with, but it is well received. What sells the glow for me is that it looks like it is oartially coming from the base. While the light source is meant to be a moutain to Sauron's right, you can see that same light source in the base, which helps the illusion along. If that were not the case, or the glow was coming from a totally unseen source above, it wouldn't be nearly as successful for me.

Its concerning when u have to fall back on the base to justify a $900 statue

Don't really see anyone doing that... Just saying the base is awesome and that it is skmething that stands out between this is and the weta. Justification of price is nowhere in there.

My bad guys. Didn't mean to fire up the masses. I Sold my weta version to get this. I'll just keep calm till he comes in

This pf is an absolute bargain all things considered and i absolutely love mine......the base is one of the many highlights

Here´s a few pics of mine,last week I give him the "steel" touch

_DSC2432_zps18c97cd2.jpg

_DSC2442_zpsb929138e.jpg

_DSC2435_zpse6431b41.jpg

Last step is the mirror chrome which will be here tomorrow. Then I will be weathering him pretty dark, and then it's on to the base. If I could go back and chose whether or not to do this again, I would chose to not touch it. Now I understand why people charge so much to get things customized. Lots of work involved.

ame7u9uv.jpg
betyqyte.jpg
zyqytuda.jpg

maybe it's just me but I really think that the black step was unneccessary...A Silver is going on top...is this a black primer or you want to very lightly paint him silver that the black shows thru a little....for me it was getting him silver and then darken him up after...this get him black then silver then darken again has me thinking..I gotta go back and look at all the posts(was painting a lot myself recently and really didnt look at all)..

Is the black that is shown on your finished piece Sharpnel is that from the earlier black coating or was that put on afterwards?

I have NO idea what i'm doing. So i'm just following the steps Rafael did in the video. The gloss black is a backer that has to happen so that the mirror chrome works as it should. Trust me, if i could skip a step i would have… :lol

Last edited:
Back