Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at that pic I just noticed the orange is lightly used on his arms, chestplate and even helmet. I hadn't realized it was everywhere

I went to comic con on Thursday and Friday and have to say, this piece is still a head turner! Sideshow did make subtle good changes but one thing I noticed was that the production piece did not have the gold ring on the right finger like it did last year. It was actually darkened on the finger to match the armor. Most likely it was a small display mistake in my opinion...I don't think ss would leave that key ingredient out.

Josh, do u have any input regarding this since you we're there too?

U can see it here with the one pic I took at con

Josh didn't notice anything.
He was just taking pictures like this madman:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPnefcuinFA[/ame]

Thanks for the pics. That new one shows more orange than the 1st. I think I do like it better now, that other pic made it seem like there was almost no orange left compared to the proto. DROM looks great also, I should be getting both of those guys in the next few months now that my WL for the EX converted.

If they dont fix it its defo something ill be painting gold, not that I want to paint a £900 figure ive just bought. 2 flex left for me! :D

If they dont fix it its defo something ill be painting gold, not that I want to paint a £900 figure ive just bought. 2 flex left for me! :D

It would be unacceptable for the ring not being right on the finished piece, that would be a huge oversight on such an expensive figure. I would have to paint it also provided that is the only issue, but not without some kind of partial refund for having to mess with it. Hopefully it was a rush job to get one for SDCC and they missed that on that one particular piece.

IMO that such a crucial detail like this can be overlooked by Sideshow, if only for the ComicCon display, is sadly quite telling for their state of mind regarding LotR these days. :dunno

Still ordered this big guy though and very much looking forward to it.

If it does come without a ring I will put one on myself and tell Sideshow something that Josh wouldn't like. We all ordered a Sauron with a ring on

We did and if he comes without one that's a major issue. I don't expect he will show up without one. If you want to say something to them via phone that's your business on the board is another story. :)

Back