Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just gonna give him my wife's ring, the true ring of power to enslave at least one man.

All kidding this must come with the ring, sauron with out the ring is the big eye not this statue.

It does happen fairly easy. That's what's nice about being their everyday is you do end up noticing most things. Just not in this case. :lol I'm sure we will. :rock

Really looking forward to this piece after all the great photos!

Is it September or August that this is due, or is the exact date still up in the air?

On a side note, I still have NO idea where I'm gonna display this monster :lol.

September according to my flex pay.

Did a lot of over-time this month so I'm gonna put as much as I can away for the dark lord...my flex-payments don't end 'til January but if can pay the remainder off early will they ship him out to me?

When he ships you can have them move payments up. I've done that before but it's been just like one payment.

Finally put my order in for this Bad Boy (yeah put me in the ZOMG thread, Sauron is the baddest boy in Middle Earth). Since nothing really major came out of Comicon I used $250 worth or reward points to lessen the sting of a $900 PF. Did the same with Galactus last year. Pics from the show also looked great. This thing is gonna be huge. I just wish SS would make at the very least Gimli, Arwen, and Saruman PFs before shutting down the line. I'd supplement the rest of the characters with busts (although would like to see a Denathor bust).

Finally put my order in for this Bad Boy (yeah put me in the ZOMG thread, Sauron is the baddest boy in Middle Earth). Since nothing really major came out of Comicon I used $250 worth or reward points to lessen the sting of a $900 PF. Did the same with Galactus last year. Pics from the show also looked great. This thing is gonna be huge. I just wish SS would make at the very least Gimli, Arwen, and Saruman PFs before shutting down the line. I'd supplement the rest of the characters with busts (although would like to see a Denathor bust).

It sucks you don't earn reward points on a large purchase like this when you redeem your stored credit.

Also, why would they shut down the PF line now? Where did you hear that? With the success of these last 2 pieces they would be fools to stop the line. Saruman is a sure bet.

I just wish SS would make at the very least Gimli, Arwen, and Saruman PFs before shutting down the line. I'd supplement the rest of the characters with busts (although would like to see a Denathor bust).

why would they shut down the PF line now? Where did you hear that? With the success of these last 2 pieces they would be fools to stop the line. Saruman is a sure bet.

Hi guys, make of this what you will.

This is a reply I got for SS when I asked what plans they had for LOTR.

"Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email and for your kind words. It’s been a pleasure bringing you LOTR collectibles of all shapes and sizes. While I myself don’t know and specifics about any particular lines, I do know that we have some LOTR pieces still up our sleeves. Middle Earth is still being explored by Sideshow and not to give up hope on anything.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager"

Sounds like they are not out of the LOTR game just yet.

Was your email in regard to the PFs specifically?

This is the email I sent to Mike as Sideshow.

Hi Mike, sorry to hear that Weta are taking over the LOTR 1/6 Statue license.

I don't know if you can or indeed will be allowed to answer my question, but I have to ask.

I guess this means you guys will no longer be making LOTR in this line.

Does that mean that Sideshow can not now complete "The Fellowship" now, or is it possible to release the last of it as a last goodbye to the line, before Weta start theirs?

I know all the LOTR fans (including myself) who collect your LOTR 1/6 statue line, really want you guys to produce Merry and Pippin in order to complete "The Fellowship".

What are the chances?

Do you think you guys will continue to produce any LOTR PF pieces?

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank all at Sideshow for all the wonderful LOTR pieces you guys have produced over the years.

It has been a great pleasure and a very special experience over the years and I wan to thank you all for that.

Kind Regards
Bill Daly

I asked him if it was okay to post his reply here and he said yes.

You're 'Sorry' to hear that Weta will be doing statues? I'm not, i'm ecstatic! :panic:

I know what you mean, but you can count on Weta to do alot of statues, and listen to what the fans want.

Back