Premium Format Sauron Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Other than the price and lack of space, the paint on Sideshows Sauron may have been part of what kept me from getting it. Pose didn't really bother me as I don't expect him to be in an "action" pose, but that's just me. That repaint does a lot to show how good the overall sculpt is and it truly looks fantastic.

I've sold off a lot of stuff to refocus my collection on ME, so I might be interested in what P1 has to offer. Still waiting see what their Macross announcement is all about.

The leg pose from the the Vanderstelt artwork did not translate well to the SS version. Neither did the paint job which made his armor look like plastic with that orange effect. Sauron sat there for months, not selling out because it was not an instant must buy for many.

I can't wait to see what P1 does with him and the Fellowship. Perhaps tackle some prologue stuff like Isildur, High Elven Warrior, etc.

I think the pose works just fine, and goes well with the artwork displayed with it.

Looking at the prices of things these days, given the paint job...1k was a deal for everything else.

Super resurrection bump! I’m looking to possibly pick one of these up as I never particularly liked the Prime 1 line and there is one for sale locally to me. I’m wondering if anyone has the dimensions of the base? I searched but couldn’t find an answer.

Also other than the prime 1 statue, which I’m not keen on given the pose a d that ridiculously huge base in particular, are there any other 1/4 competitors? It’s only these two really isn’t it?

Back