Sauron Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cant believe it

wow just can not belive it . first a witch king turned up then a black orc.. NOW A SAURON I SO MUCH WANT HIM . but seems he has two broken spikes on top of his helmet , so what should one pay and how much does it devailue it as i have seen these fixed on others and you would never know it had been broken

so should i try and buy him even with broken spikes on the helmet

Last edited:
Re: Took The Plunge!

My bad boy!!

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0471.jpg

Re: Took The Plunge!

Very nice!

I'm gonna merge this with the Sauron statue thread.

Last edited:
I've always wanted to have this Sauron statue. I actually just found one recently at a local store being sold for a reasonable price. It's MIB. However, with the Sauron PF (or LSF or whatever) coming out very soon, do you think it's better to wait and get that instead? I know the PF is going to be more expensive, but for the owners of this SSW statue, do you think the PF will be better than this?

I've always wanted to have this Sauron statue. I actually just found one recently at a local store being sold for a reasonable price. It's MIB. However, with the Sauron PF (or LSF or whatever) coming out very soon, do you think it's better to wait and get that instead? I know the PF is going to be more expensive, but for the owners of this SSW statue, do you think the PF will be better than this?

Different beasts altogether. One is a classic SS/W statue with iconic pose, size and presence.

The new SSC version is a PF, that means greater size, far more detail and mixed media (possibly cloth and metal).

You will have to consider space and if it is something that will be a stand alone piece or one that will go with other pieces and keep scale. :wink1:

Different beasts altogether. One is a classic SS/W statue with iconic pose, size and presence.

The new SSC version is a PF, that means greater size, far more detail and mixed media (possibly cloth and metal).

You will have to consider space and if it is something that will be a stand alone piece or one that will go with other pieces and keep scale. :wink1:

Thanks DM for your insight. I guess I can decide clearly once I've seen full pics of Sauron PF from people going to SDCC. Argh, with so many good pieces coming in, it makes my head hurt trying to decide the best ones to have.. :lol Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Thanks DM for your insight. I guess I can decide clearly once I've seen full pics of Sauron PF from people going to SDCC. Argh, with so many good pieces coming in, it makes my head hurt trying to decide the best ones to have.. :lol Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I know the feeling and am right there with ya. Not only am I trying to decide which new Lord of the Rings PF's I would want to purchase (Dark Rider of Mordor was a very easy choice) but am also in the process of spending much more for older PF's. It does cause me to get headaches but after all is done it will all be very worth it indeed. :cool:

If your new into the collecting line, then it's easy to 'buy, buy,buy!', but once that bug passes it's easier to weigh up what you want, where it's going etc
The hardest thing to learn is patience given all the goodies coming out now :panic:

If your new into the collecting line, then it's easy to 'buy, buy,buy!', but once that bug passes it's easier to weigh up what you want, where it's going etc
The hardest thing to learn is patience given all the goodies coming out now :panic:

Yes I am very new to this line so far the only ones I have on Pre-order are the "Ringwraith EX" and again the "Dark Rider of Mordor". I know these 2 are going to be phenomenal and I will definately be Pre-ordering the new Sauron PF once that becomes available for Pre-order which I doubt will be anytime soon. Right now I am also debating on purchasing a "Morgul Lord PF" either the EX or regular edition. I will think this one over though because all the money I am currently saving I am without a doubt going to be throwing on a Uruk Hai berserker EX and no doubt that will be expensive.
I just finished up collecting all the Sideshow "Dead" line only I have had no success finding a "Patient Zero" anywhere so I say for now I will be concentrating on "the Lord of the Rings" for now. I am not much of a fan of the good guys like Gandolph even though I love the character in the Novel and movies...but when it comes to sculptures I tend to stick with the darker bad guys. Decisions decisions.

I know the feeling and am right there with ya. Not only am I trying to decide which new Lord of the Rings PF's I would want to purchase (Dark Rider of Mordor was a very easy choice) but am also in the process of spending much more for older PF's. It does cause me to get headaches but after all is done it will all be very worth it indeed. :cool:

Yeah, being a fairly new (and late) collector, I'm gripped with fear that if I don't buy now the ones I'm really after, chances are I won't be able to buy them at all, for I know the prices are just going to get higher, and I won't spend too much on a statue whose price I'll deem unreasonable. And I've learnt my lesson from passing up on some when they were still regularly sold, only to go back and try to find them when they're already sold out.

You couldn't have said it any better DM. Yeah, that's true, I confess I'm addicted to collecting now. Yes, buy, buy, buy! :lol Yeah, but it really helps that I've joined this forum and ask other's opinions and that makes me mull things over. If I hadn't posted that today here, I would've bought the SS/W Sauron 3 hours ago. But I'll wait until I see Sauron PF then I'll decide. :)

As it is something you have always wanted and as the SSW one is MIB at a good price, I would surely go for it. The SS Sauron PF may not be up for pre-order till after December 2012, if not later. But that is just me...at the end of the day it's your money and your collection.

Best of luck with you decision hardyakka_mate.

:duff
Bill

You can always resell it later too it's a really nice piece, may have to be a bit more careful with my purchases to prepare for this one,anyone got a price range in mind?

As it is something you have always wanted and as the SSW one is MIB at a good price, I would surely go for it. The SS Sauron PF may not be up for pre-order till after December 2012, if not later. But that is just me...at the end of the day it's your money and your collection.

Go raibh mile maith agat, Bill. Yeah, it's so tempting but I was actually surprised that the store has 2 Saurons. One was MIB, the other is on display in a glass cabinet, which is still new I'd say. The SDCC isn't far away, so I'll wait a few more weeks, and once I see the Sauron PF, then I'll decide which one to get. I think I'll only get either one of the Sauron's coz having two enormous Saurons won't look too nice together with my other collections, and I collect a mix of PFs and maquettes. :)

Go raibh mile maith agat, Bill. Yeah, it's so tempting but I was actually surprised that the store has 2 Saurons. One was MIB, the other is on display in a glass cabinet, which is still new I'd say. The SDCC isn't far away, so I'll wait a few more weeks, and once I see the Sauron PF, then I'll decide which one to get. I think I'll only get either one of the Sauron's coz having two enormous Saurons won't look too nice together with my other collections, and I collect a mix of PFs and maquettes. :)

"Maith on fear" hardyakka_mate :wave
You are a better man than I, to be able to resist picking up one of those SSW Saurons.

I have one myself and although it is not to scale, he works very well the 1:4 PFs IMHO.

However I am hoping to pic up the Sauron PF also - subject to it being under $1,000 and it not being up for pre-order till my Dark Rider of Mordor PF is paid off. :wink1:

All I can do now is wish you luck with your decision. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

I know the PF is going to be more expensive, but for the owners of this SSW statue, do you think the PF will be better than this?

I'm a fully sculpted statue man myself, not into the mixed media stuff, so i'd say go for the SSW statue, plus it was made by Weta themselves and since they designed him in the first place, you can't go far wrong ;)

Back