Sauron #4308 arrives upside-down and damaged

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Fell Beast also has the black-except-the-front box...

I don't understand why they put the document pouch on the bottom of the package. They're just asking for trouble that way.

re

Got mine this morning to upside down two, outstanding piece the crown jewel of my collection. Along with my T-2 Endo.

Got mine upside down as well? What were you thinking guys?!?

One bit of advice though, use a stronger type of styrophoam or the plastic type foam. Every one of my corner protectors were broken into 2-3 pieces and were not doing their job as intended.

Jesse

I recieved mine yesterday not upside down and had a very hard time getting him on the base. after a while i got him on it after the white pin came out of his foot but he doesn't stand completly flat on the base. he rests on his toes and the back of his feet are a bit of the base.Just hope he will keep standing like that. also the helm has 2 chips infront of 1 spike.

Regards Linda

sauron

Hi Linda,
sorry to read about another not mint statue that you have received. Is there actually one single piece you get that doesn't have a flaw? I mean, what are the odds? :horror What are you going to do about the chips?

My Sauron won't fit on the base AT ALL, we tried increasing the hole in the foot, but it's too small altogether.
So what is this white pin that was in his foot? Could this be the solution to our problem? :confused:

White pin

Hi Iris,

My gothmog and eowyn arrived in good condition so the chance of recieving a less mint is reduced so far.Also got perfect helms from in2darkness of this forum so that's great to.

In the left foot of sauron there was a white plastic tupe that fits around the peg in the base. I couldn't get him on the base so i turned him left and right and suddenly thet white tupe fell out of his foot. I place the tupe on the peg and took sauron to place over that tupe. He went over it not fitting completly but he doesn't move anymore so i guess he stands oke now.
If i could i would take a pic but i don't wanna mess with him again.

Regards Linda

well i am all sorted out.i have sauron the perfect now. :D im gonna take some comparison pics this week,this thing is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Got mine as well but the base is damaged. :sick

I hope I can just send the base back for a replacement. The statue looks fine and considering I get quite a bit of damaged items myself, I'd hate to send back a good statue and take the risk of the replacement getting damaged.

sauronbase11bm.jpg

sauronbase28yj.jpg

pitchin said:
Can anyone in the UK tell me the final shipped price from SS for sauron?

$377.70

With comission charge included for the conversion it was £211.26.

Got mine yesterday. Opened the box to have a look but have not taken him out yet.

Can't decide if I'm going to display him or not as I'll have to put something else away to do so.

leebgb said:
Got mine as well but the base is damaged. :sick

I hope I can just send the base back for a replacement. The statue looks fine and considering I get quite a bit of damaged items myself, I'd hate to send back a good statue and take the risk of the replacement getting damaged.

sauronbase11bm.jpg

sauronbase28yj.jpg
Heh.. i kind of have the same problem, but with the "Eowyn as Dernhelm" figure i received a couple of weeks ago. There is a tiny chip from the base, simular to what has happened to your base. Also, there are strange marks on the base surface as if somebody mounted the figure on the base, and then turned it like 45° -50° to the left and to the right... Very strange for a "new" item which i got straight from SSW, as a waiting list fulfillment... I don't bother returning it though.

Doomhammer said:
How did you manage that in one day, lol :confused:
i had originally ordered 4 ,3 of which were cancelled but due to an error in there system,i was shipped 3,the other 2 showed up the day after the first.so i now have to return two.but at least i didnt have to wait long for my replacement.
that base of yours lee looks exactly like the one im sending back,same damage :sick

WetaWork said:
My sauron (#676) won't fit on the base either. I'm trying to open the hole a bit.
I'm relieved that I'm not the only one, although I'm sorry that you're out of luck there too. However, I'm now eagerly awaiting to read that you succeeded in widening the hole. There is no way I will turn the statue in any direction to get it on, like Linda did. I'm way to afraid that the ankle will snap - unless I get an ok from Sideshow and replacement in case the leg does break during my efforts. Compared to the rest of the statue that is definitely the weakest point.

Back