Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kit has these up for ordering again. I'm hoping the 2nd version of this isn't like the 2nd version of the Joker :pray:
Glad to hear that there's a second batch being made actually as that should mean there will be no issue in getting the replacement parts I need for Robin.

Kit has these up for ordering again. I'm hoping the 2nd version of this isn't like the 2nd version of the Joker :pray:
Yes! I preordered another set so I can do some proper mods without worrying too much about messing up lol. What was the problem with the second version of The Joker?? EDIT: Never mind I just read the thread. Oof!

Last edited:
What was the problem with the 2nd version of the Joker? I am a very important man and I am too busy to read
a lot of previous posts. :LOL:

Touche. Now I need to attend a very important meeting in my office in my mama's basement. :ROFLMAO:
Well, I’m go ahead and save you some time ;)

The second version messed up the shirt collar. They also redid the vest fastening mechanism with what should have been an improvement, but their lack of attention to detail screwed it up.

For those curious, this is how much extra fabric there is on the shorts. I only sewed the one side b/c that is the main seam where both halves come together. As you can see in the “after” pic, they’re pretty much perfectly balanced now on both sides with no excess to futz with

IMG_9807.jpeg

And here is after I cut that piece off and flipped them back

IMG_9808.jpeg

Last edited:
For those curious, this is how much extra fabric there is on the shorts. I only sewed the one side b/c that is the main seam where both halves come together. As you can see in the “after” pic, they’re pretty much perfectly balanced now on both sides with no excess to futz with

View attachment 649592

And here is after I cut that piece off and flipped then back

View attachment 649593
Very helpful thanks!

Ridd Sorensen

14 h ·

Dear Mars Toys,
Your Dynamic Duo set is outstanding. Well done! Please consider including a properly sized pair of trunks for Batman in the upcoming reissue set, or offer them for sale separately on OSK. They are extremely baggy and Robin and I are concerned that his bat junk isn’t fully supported.
Keep up the great work!

Mars Toys
Admin
XhRw7cPKQHo.png

+1

OK I will do everything right.

Ridd Sorensen

14 h ·

Dear Mars Toys,
Your Dynamic Duo set is outstanding. Well done! Please consider including a properly sized pair of trunks for Batman in the upcoming reissue set, or offer them for sale separately on OSK. They are extremely baggy and Robin and I are concerned that his bat junk isn’t fully supported.
Keep up the great work!

Mars Toys
Admin
XhRw7cPKQHo.png

+1
OK I will do everything right.
Lol that was me. Kind of a cryptic reply but it sounds like they’re going to do something about the trunks for the next batch.

Would be a bummer for buyers of the 1st batch if the reissue had perfect fitting trunks. I doubt that Mars/Saturn would send those out for free to everyone.

Imo they should release some kind of "compensation set" on OSK for like $10 including the missing left hand and better shirt for Joker and new trunks for Batman.

I think this release and the recent 2nd batch “Prank Villain”, with its issues, really drive home the fact that this *is* a 3rd Party company producing an unlicensed product.
You get what you pay for sometimes.

Back